Mwanza Urban Water and Sanitation Authority (MWAUWASA) is one of the competitively best
Authorities in the Tanzanian water sector supplying clean and safe water and efficient sewerage services for the residents of Mwanza City and its suburbs. The Authority is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced dynamic and .motivated Tanzanians to fill the understated vacancies that currently exist in the Authority:
Positions: Water Artisan – III (10 Posts)
Responsible to : Zone Water Network Operation Supervisor
Subordinates : None
Salary scale : MWAUWASA’s Salary Scale of MAS 3
- Possession of Certificate of secondary education (Form IV) or Advanced certificate of secondary
- education (Form VI)
- Possession of a Trade Test III or level one certificate in Pipe Fitting and Plumbing
- from VETA or recognized Training Institute
- Age limit is 40 years
- Experience in water works from
- water utilities or similar organizations is added advantage
Duties and responsibilities:
- Detects and attends all physical leakage in his/her territory (DMAs) timely and at reasonable cost
- Investigates, reports to his/her seniors and rectifies water supply bypasses, meter tempering and unmetered customers in his/her territory (DMAs)
- Investigates and replaces frequently leaking aged pipes
- Maintains quality of pipe materials and fittings together with workmanship in excavating, laying pipes and backfilling
- Suggests to supervisor, division of his/her territory into small manageable areas and divides when approved in order to determine areas with critical/chronic problems and find solutions
- Participants fully in emergency work, day and night patrols whenever required by supervisor
- Persuades potential customers to connect to existing old and new water distribution lines
- Connects water supply to relevant new customers in time
- Takes coordinates of the location of new customers by GPS and accounts for the same
- Ensure all new customers connected to water supply are timely shown to relevant Sales Assistants
- Inspects water network in his/her territory and reports on unusual water availability and unclean water.
- Flashes relevant water main line through washout when instructed by supervisor
- Ensures even distribution of water supply in the territory
- Any other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor/superiors.
GENERAL INFORMATION APPLICABLE TO THESE POSTS
The Appointing Authority for the advertised vacancies is the Management. Successful applicants will
be employed on contract of an unspecified period of time.
Result Slips, Leaving Certificates alone without academic Certificates of Secondary Education will not be accepted
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply in handwriting, stating the post you desire, enclosing a detailed CV, copies of relevant
certificates and 2 letters from 2 referees; telephone numbers and email addresses so as to reach the undersigned.
MWAUWASA is an equal opportunity employer, Women are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Application should be sent to MWAUWASA as registered mail, by EMS or DHL using the address below. .
MWANZA URBAN WATER SUPPLY & SANITATION AUTHORITY,
P.O. BOX 317,