The School of St Jude is a charity funded school that provides a FREE, high-quality education to over 1,850 primary and secondary children from the poorest communities in Arusha. We are seeking a creative energetic individual to fill the position above based in Arusha, Tanzania at the School of St Jude
We are seeking a Vocational Skills Teacher who will be responsible for assisting pupils to develop insights, understandings and skills in Vocational Education and life skills management with opportunities to discover how these fields are a basic part of life skills development.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom and help students to improve their knowledge or career skills.
- Assist in the preparation of curriculum guides for Vocational Education and Life Skills Management at all levels.
- Establish and promote high standards and expectations for students and staff for academic performance and responsibility for behavior.
- Work cooperatively and collectively with Headmaster, staff and other supervisors to ensure that instructional programs and services are coordinated in the schools and are administered uniformly and equitably.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education and create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Develops individual Employment service plan with participants, identifying goals and steps for achieving them.
- Develops and implement curriculum to provide a positive learning experience for students
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
Skills and Competence:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Must be able to teach Music, Art and PE (Both Practice and Theory)
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and the ability to motivate student.
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Must have an experience of 2-3 years.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of curriculum development and program evaluation, child growth and development, effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to learning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the regulations regarding the Vocational Education and Life Skills Management
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree in any recognized College or University. Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV accompanied by a cover letter to email@example.com by 24TH March, 2015. THE SUBJECT LINE MUST BE THE JOB REFERENCE NUMBER: SOSJ/HR/ACDM /001/15
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!
Powered by Jobs Tanzania