Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 19 May 2017
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
USAID Tanzania is planning a new Future Entrepreneurs and Leaders (FuEL) project to economically empower young Tanzanian men and women in rural areas by strengthening their workforce readiness, entrepreneurship, leadership and life skills. In doing so, FuEL seeks to catalyze the start and expansion of youth-led small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to drive the growth of rural economies. Targeting the regions of Iringa, Mbeya and Zanzibar, the project will place particular focus on income-generating activities within agricultural and other rural value chains.
As Youth Entrepreneurship and Workforce Readiness Lead you will:
Under this proposed program, the Youth Entrepreneurship and Workforce Readiness Lead will oversee and provide technical leadership on youth access to entrepreneurship and workforce readiness training. The Lead will also oversee design and execution of a strategy for partnerships with the private sector (especially agribusinesses), government and financial institutions to contribute to sustainable youth enterprises and employment.
You will have:
- A master’s degree in agricultural economics, economics, business, international development, public policy, education, or other relevant field and at least 4 years of experience in agriculture, SME development/ entrepreneurship, workforce development or youth economic development in Tanzania. A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with 6 years of experience may be substituted for a master’s degree
- Understanding of private sector challenges and opportunities in rural Tanzania, with a particular focus on agriculture
- Strong analytical abilities and demonstrated knowledge of business
- Ability to write a business case about an economic opportunity preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of and passion for youth economic empowerment and improvement of livelihoods
- Experience with positive youth development approaches and proven experience engaging and equitably integrating women and girls strongly preferred
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Project management experience, with proven success in playing a substantive technical role in relevant areas
- Experience working on projects of $10M+ and USAID experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to plan, monitor and assure quality. Familiarity with M&E frameworks and reporting is required but in-depth expertise is not essential
- Excellent communication and soft skills, including strong presentation, networking and facilitation skills
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
Tanzanian candidates strongly encouraged to apply. This position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
How to apply:
We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Click “Apply Now” to complete a short application and upload your resume and cover letter. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
TechnoServe encourages diversity in all levels and across all facets of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania