Organization: Internews Network
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
Responsible for establishing and managing effective working relationships with Internews’ core sub-grantees and sub-contractors and recipient of small grants in Tanzania, including local media organizations, media outlets and civil society organizations.
Note: Tanzanian citizens are strongly encouraged to apply. Successful candidate must have work authorization in Tanzania.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As Internews Tanzania’s main point of contact for sub-grants management, maintain communication and relationships with local and international partners, ensuring that media and civil society stakeholders are effectively involved in the project and that the project partners’ feedback is channeled back into project management.
- Provide day to day administration of sub-grants and subcontracts, including tracking budgets, payments, compliance, modifications and reporting, and alert the Senior Finance and Administration Manager and the Media and Communications Director regarding any performance or financial reporting issues.
- Support the Media and Communications Director to monitor the programmatic progress and capacity of sub-grants and subcontracts against the sub-grant agreements and work-plans.
- Ensure technical, financial, and administrative compliance with Internews’ and USAID’s sub-grant management and reporting procedures.
- Support organizational capacity assessments for sub-grantees and other partners and build capacity of sub-grantees in various areas including financial management and M&E
- Launch and administer competitive grant pools for media and civil society organizations.
- With support from the M&E Specialist, oversee data collection and programmatic reporting for partners ensuring all procedures are followed.
- Liaise with Internews HQ and Regional Office for partner-related information or financial issues.
- Oversee partners’ programmatic and financial reporting, ensuring that quality reports are submitted to Internews in a timely manner. Monitor and evaluate the quality of sub-grantees’ reporting and provide training on reporting procedures and mechanisms, to ensure improvement and impact.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Bachelor degree in business administration, management or the social sciences. A post-graduate qualification or professional training in project management would be of added advantage.
- Minimum five years professional experience in sub-grants management, partnerships, and/or capacity building of local partners. Additional experience in project management would be an advantage.
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects especially on grants management and reporting mechanisms.
- Extensive knowledge of USAID rules and regulations for grants and sub-grants management.
- Knowledge of and experience working with local partners in Tanzania especially media outlets, media development organizations, and community based or non-governmental organizations.
- Experience in organization development, particularly in the media and NGO sectors, preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as detail orientation.
- Solid computer skills.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and ability to work on own initiative.
- Effective Kiswahili and English verbal and written communication skills.
- Professionalism and leadership skills.
- Strong multi-cultural interpersonal skills, including ability to work with teams from different cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Negotiation and diplomatic skills.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our Internews Benefits page.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our Career Center.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania