Organization: Management Sciences for Health
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 22 Nov 2017
The Senior Technical Advisor (M & E) will co-lead the project M&E activities including systems development and implementation, strategy and guidance document development, capacity building, quantitative and qualitative data analyses, program evaluation, and routine program monitoring activities, to provide the needed advisory and capacity building support to the MOHCDGEC and PHIs and to meet the CDC development assistance goals in Tanzania.
· Lead the design and oversee the implementation of internal TSSP M&E frameworks, plans and indicators to assess project performance and impact, and report progress towards the project’s objectives.
· Collaborate with CDC, the MOHCDGEC, and other stakeholders via M&E technical working groups and other relevant bodies to ensure that the TSSP project M&E plans align with national systems and priorities
· Collaborate with the MSH Home Office, to lead the development and oversee implementation of project evaluations, including process and outcome evaluations
· Lead the development and targeted monitoring and evaluation of specific TSSP interventions related to the quality and use of PEPFAR and other health program data, HIV service quality improvement, and human resources.
· Support the MOHCDGEC and PHIs in carrying out quantitative and qualitative analyses of HIV and other priority data, and development of presentations to guide national and regional level operational and policy decisions.
· Support the MOHCDGEC and PHIs in the development, revision and operationalization of the National Data Demand and Use (DDU) strategy and the National M&E Strengthening Initiative (MESI).
· Conduct capacity strengthening workshops in the areas of data analysis and use and program monitoring and evaluation.
· Mentor PHI staff on monitoring and evaluation methodologies and practices
Qualifications and Competencies
The ideal candidate should have an advanced degree in epidemiology, public health, medical, or social science discipline or related health; doctoral-level degree preferred with over 10 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of large international HIV or other health projects.
S/he should have demonstrable experience in designing and establishing M&E and data quality improvement systems, developing and implementing Performance Monitoring Plans, development of quantitative and qualitative research instruments, designing and conducting program evaluations, conducting data analysis and use, and M&E capacity strengthening workshops.
The candidate should have advanced statistical analysis and data management skills using Excel and presentation skills, deep understanding of the Tanzania Health System, the National Health Management Information system, PEPFAR program requirements, and the supporting electronic platforms such as DHIS 2 and PEPFAR’s Data for Accountability Transparency and Impact (DATIM) online platform.
In addition, s/he should have the following experiences; designing or working with dashboards and other web based health program data management and presentation tools, working with the MOHCDGEC and the Tanzania government, working with CDC, PEPFAR, U.S. Government or other bi-lateral donors preferred. S/he should have strong communications skills both verbal and written. The candidate should have ability to work independently, as well as in collaboration with colleagues and partners and willing to be flexible to meeting changing priorities and deadlines.
How to apply:
For further details and to apply for this position, please visit the Employment Opportunities section of our website at www.Jobs-msh.icims.com by November 22, 2017. If you cannot apply online or have difficulty doing so, please email an explanation of your problem to iRecruiterproblem@msh.org Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania