Organization: Nutrition International
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 23 Aug 2017
Overall Purpose/Broad Function:
In line with Nutrition International’s strategic objectives in Africa, and, in partnership with key stakeholders in Tanzania, to arrange and provide appropriate technical and other assistance to the Government of Tanzania and/or other stakeholders to help them provide, on a sustainable basis, improved child, adolescent and women’s health and nutrition services, particularly those at most risk, within which appropriate micronutrient interventions are integrated and achieve sustained high coverage and utilization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Development: **
· Support the Country Director to ensure that the landscape analysis for child adolescent and women health and nutrition and fortification programs are regularly updated and available.
· Support Country Director with information necessary for designing of country plans and proposals.
Project Implementation and Management
· Develop annual work plans and budgets for country projects.
· Ensure that work plan activities are implemented as scheduled and per the approved budgets.
· Carry out site monitoring visits to ensure that implementing partners are implementing project activities according to agreed strategy and contractual commitments.
· Ensure data monitoring plans are timely implemented, project monitoring data is collected, and the data workbooks are regularly updated.
· Develop quality monthly and quarterly and annual performance monitoring (both technical and financial) reports and ensure challenges are identified and recommended corrective actions are timely implemented.
· Draw up on internal NI expertise in Tanzania, the Regional, and Headquarter Offices as necessary to ensure projects are on track.
· Review and analyze technical and financial project reports from implementing partners and ensure that remedial actions are taken to ensure that project are on track.
· Input into the NI Contract Database all approved financial commitments and regularly update the Contracts Databases for the two interventions in line with NI contract management procedures.
· In support of both internal team work and partnership coordination committees, prepare documentation for meetings and conference calls, taking detailed notes on decisions and action points from such meetings and ensuring follow up of same.
· Support the implementing organization in procuring commodities, if needed.
· Build and maintain good collaborative relations with Ministry of Health, other government agencies, UN agencies, and NGOs, as appropriate to promote information sharing and effective coordination of effort to improve and sustain effective and efficient adolescent and women health and nutrition program.
· Represent NI at national and regional fora relevant the interventions implemented in the country.
· Keep up to date with developments in adolescent, maternal and child health and nutrition and micronutrient supplementation issues.
· In the event of additional funding opportunities arising for NI to carry out wok in country, support the Country Director and External Relations team at regional level with gathering of relevant information for proposal development.
· Document and share with the ER team field stories and lessons learned from projects.
Research and Evaluation
· Participate in the design of research and evaluation activities and work closely with researchers and external evaluators to ensure research and evaluations exercises are feasible, responds to project and MoH needs and is disseminated in timely fashion.
· Support the dissemination of research and program evaluation findings in Tanzania and elsewhere with the view to inform available new information and improved practices.
Any other related duties.
- Supervise Program Assistant
· At a minimum, a Masters degree from a recognized university in Public Health, Reproductive Health, Community Health or Nutrition.
· Training in epidemiology and research methodologies preferred.
· Post graduate certificate in project management will be added advantage
· At least 10 years’ experience working in adolescent, maternal and child health, public health and nutrition /or related field in Tanzania or the Sub Saharan Africa.
· At least 5 years of experience in supervising child and women health and nutrition programs.
· At least 5 years of experience in donor funded program/project implementation/supervision, monitoring and evaluation.
· Experience with micronutrient supplementation programs for adolescent, women and pregnant mothers desirable.
Good spoken and written English
Fluency in Kiswahili
Other Specific Skill Requirements:
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent IT skills
Very good presentational skills
Excellent team working skills]
5. Travel Requirements
Based in Dar es Salam; around 25-30% of time will be spent travelling in Tanzania with occasional travel outside Tanzania.
How to apply:
Please forward your resume and cover letter and indicate your salary expectation to AfricaHR@NUTRITIONINTL.ORG quoting Job# 2017-TAN-1 in the subject line. Competition closes August 23, 2017. Please note that this position is located in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Powered by Jobs Tanzania