Organization: CAMRIS International
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 11 May 2015
CAMRIS International is a growing international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
Building on the experience of our founding companies CAMRIS has nearly 60 years of experience implementing international development programs. CAMRIS’ practice areas include global health, agriculture and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance and medical research. CAMRIS’ proven performance in monitoring and evaluation, project design and implementation, capacity building, research and other capabilities on more than 2,000 contracts testifies to our ability to meet the highest standards of public and private sector clients worldwide.
We have honed a cutting-edge approach to customer service built on providing expert human resources supported by a strong quality assurance process and reliable management and administrative services. We have developed agile, efficient systems for implementing large technical assistance, research, institutional support and other task-based contracts.
CAMRIS international is seeking a Senior Learning Advisor for an upcoming five-year USAID-funded contract for the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Program (MELP) in Tanzania. The purpose of the MELP contract is to provide MEL support services to improve development effectiveness through results achievement. The intention is to strengthen systems, capacity and performance around evidence-based decision-making by USAID/Tanzania and its key stakeholders. It will do so through a focus on: performance monitoring support; performance and impact evaluations; related assessments and research; related capacity strengthening for Mission and stakeholder staff in monitoring and evaluation, data analysis and use; and support for implementing a CLA approach among all involved parties.
Role and Responsibilities:
- The Senior Leading Advisor will facilitate strong collaboration, learning and adapting practices in Mission business processes and through the program cycle.
- Work to foster strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, serve as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues, help identify and respond to key learning issues, and help coordinate efforts amongst implementers working in common DOs.
- Support the development and implementation of a learning plan that outlines key learning questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement at multiple levels.
- Required Qualifications:
- The Senior CLA Advisor must have an undergraduate degree in a field related to organizational learning or development assistance such as public, business or development administration; knowledge management; political science; economics; or development studies.
- S/he must also have at least 7 years of demonstrated experience (or 5 years of experience if the candidate has a graduate degree in one of the relevant fields) in strategic planning, project design, learning, and knowledge management.
- Experience in applying learning to improve development programs and systems change for adaptive management of development organizations or agencies. In addition, fluency in written and spoken English is required, and Kiswahili language skills are also desired.
How to apply:
Powered by Jobs Tanzania