Organization: Palladium International
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 21 Feb 2018
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. The Dar es Salaam Urban Jobs (Dar Jobs) programme is a market systems development programme that aims to catalyse sustainable change in sectors that have the potential to generate jobs and incomes for thousands of poor people, particularly women and youth. The programme will commence with activities in the manufacturing, waste and childcare sectors.
The programme will design and implement interventions that address constraints to the development of these sectors. In the Dar context, these constraints include: lack of access to affordable finance and business services; skills gaps; lack of access to technology; high transport costs; lack of access to commercial land; and an unsupportive business environment, particularly for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs).
The Market Systems Programme Manager will form the core of the project team, conducting research and providing technical expertise to help implement the project by identifying constraints to the development of market systems in Tanzania and designing and delivering interventions to overcome these.
- Analyse Tanzanian market systems, specifically in light manufacturing, waste and childcare.
- Identify gaps and barriers that hinder the development of these systems.
- Identify facilitation activities with private sector actors.
- Support strategies to address gaps and barriers in these market systems using M4P approach.
- Support the Team Leader with technical advice and leadership.
- Manage the short term technical advisors.
- University degree in business management, economics, development studies or another relevant subject.
- A minimum of five years experience working with, or supporting, market systems development programmes.
- Knowledge of value chains
- Good understanding of governance and public administration in Tanzania
- Experience in Market Systems development/M4P programming.
- Clear writing and communication style.
Fluent written and spoken English and Swahili.
Knowledge of the light manufacturing, waste and childcare sectors.
Experience developing business plans, either with enterprises or own business.
Experience in data analysis using Microsoft Excel or other data analysis tools.
Experience managing programmes that have used flexible and adaptive approaches to political economy analysis.
Previous experience working in Tanzania for donor funded programmes.
Tanzanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=U29yYXlhQXBwbGVieS4zODk3Ny4zODMwQHBhbGxhZGl1bS5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Powered by Jobs Tanzania