Organization: Convoy of Hope
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 06 Sep 2017
The National Director for Tanzania will lead staff, manage programs, direct the office, and shape a vision for Convoy of Hope Tanzania in line with the established policies, principles, and operating practices of Convoy of Hope International.
Convoy of Hope is an international aid organization focusing on food security and disaster relief. It operates programs in 10 countries feeding children, empowering women and girls, equipping farmers, and strengthening churches. The organization was founded in the United States in 1994, and has its headquarters in Springfield, Missouri. Global revenue in 2016 was $139.4 million.
Convoy of Hope Tanzania was incorporated in May 2013. Its governance is led by a board of trustees. Its Women’s Empowerment and Agriculture programs help destitute women launch small businesses and improve farm yields. Its Children’s Feeding programs bring meals to children and help schools and orphanages develop the capacity to feed their children. Its Empowered Girls clubs equip girls with life skills for success. COH-Tz operates in four districts in Arusha and Mbeya regions. A staff of eight is based in the main office in Arusha, and one is based in Kyela.
Administrative & Personnel Responsibilities
• Review policies and procedures in place for all aspects of the organization
• Participant safeguarding• Ensure that disbursement of resources, and accounting procedures, are in accordance with government and COH International standards
• Supervise, equip, empower and mentor all COH Tanzania staff and volunteers
• Seek opportunities to guide staff and volunteers in professional development
• Build a solid leadership team and platform for operational expansion
• Perform site visits for administrative oversight in support of programs and partners
• Develop annual budget and operational plan, in collaboration with local staff and COH International colleagues
• Conduct program evaluation and review of operational plan
• Ensure program implementation excellence
• Seek opportunities for partnership and funding from organizations and government entities
• Represent organization to domestic and international stakeholders
• Participate in relevant forums and networks
• Maintain presence with program participants
Requires: Fluency in English and Kiswahili both written and spoken, at least 5 years in senior leadership positions, adequate computer skills, and adeptness at mentoring and leading people. And above all, love for the most vulnerable people in our societies. Tanzanian citizens will be given preference, according to the laws of the state. A complete list of requirements and qualifications, as well as the full job description, are online at https://goo.gl/uqco1d.
How to apply:
First, view the full job description at https://goo.gl/uqco1d.
If you believe that you are a good fit for Convoy of Hope, and the organization is a good fit for you, complete our online application form at https://goo.gl/forms/3n6DnbadIQRWsUMi1. At the end of the application, you will be instructed on where to send your CV.
Only candidates who complete the online application form will be considered. If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania