Organization: Abt Associates
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 25 Nov 2017
Abt Associate seeks a qualified Commodity Financing Analyst (CFA) to support the International Health Division in Tanzania.
In June 2016, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Tanzania initiated the Global Health Supply Chain Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC-TA-TZ) Program. GHSC supports the development of agile, robust, and sustainable health supply chains that will improve the availability of medicines and the health status of Tanzanians through the following objectives:
- Objective 1: Provide strategic planning and implementation assistance
- Objective 2: Improve delivery of health commodities at service sites
- Objective 3: Broaden stakeholders’ understanding of and engagement in the supply chain system
- Objective 4: Strengthen enabling environments to improve supply chain performance
GHSC will achieve these objectives by optimizing the design of the supply chain, strengthening governance systems and stakeholder capacity to manage health commodities, fostering multi-stakeholder collaboration, and improving the use of supply chain performance data to address systemic challenges.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Identification of supply chain cost drivers and strategies to improve supply chain management efficiency
- Determination of financial resources required for commodities supply chain operations in Tanzania
- Articulation of resource mobilization strategies and reduction of anticipated financial gaps
- Determination the implications of Direct Health Facility Financing on commodities management
Support of implementation of the supply chain results-based financing scheme
Support the HFS in coaching supply chain managers on costing methodologies required to identify cost drivers, and improve the efficiency of the supply chain
Support implementation of a study estimating the total health commodities/financial resources needed at the facility level
Contribute to mapping the sources of health commodity financing at the national level; for example, analyzing Ministry of Health annual budget to ascertain trends in allocation of funds to procurement of health commodities and supply chain management activities
Assist the HFS in the strategic communication activities conveying the impact of the commodity financing activities to relevant stakeholders
As a member of the project team, participate in annual reviews and project planning, and ensure accurate and timely submission of technical reporting and deliverables
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Degree in Public Health, Public Affairs, Supply Chain or other relevant field.
- Familiarity with the Tanzanian public health sector preferred.
- Experience in health financing, supply chain, and resource mobilization preferred.
- Excellent writing, computer, management and organizational skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, initiative, and good judgment needed.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems. Ability to plan, support, and execute daily tasks while remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy.
- Written/oral proficiency in English and Kiswahili.
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
- ( 4+ ) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to apply:
Powered by Jobs Tanzania