Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 03 Apr 2017
1. Core Purpose
Acts in the Role of Finance Officer in a Country Role:
Organises the grant component of the local community programme in an assigned country. Responsible for designing, budgeting, implementing and monitoring the Finance to support the target communities
2. Main Activities
Working in the CBM Tanzania Country Office, the incumbent will take responsibility for:
· Ensuring efficient and effective finance practices for the CBM Tanzania Country Office.
· Working in accordance with the CBM financial manual, partner agreements, CBM internal audit controls, and financial checklist in close liaison with Regional Operations team, Administration and Accounts Office
· Assisting partners to prepare annual financial budgets and monitor expenditure against the approved budgets.
· Ensuring that the Country Office and partners submit timely and quality Project Progress Reports on a quarterly basis or as per agreed reporting schedule, annual audit and financial statement reports.
· Building the capacity of partners in effective financial management in liaison with Programme Team and Regional Finance/Operations Department.
· To assist in creating, revising, updating and participate in monitoring financial related policies and procedures as directed by the Regional Director and Head of Finance, Operations & Administration-Region.
· To process all payments (cash and bank) for the country office ensuring that they are properly approved by the Country Representative.
· To record all transactions in the accounting system on a daily basis.
· To reconcile all ledgers, cash & banks and payroll to ensure that all transactions are accurately recorded and reported.
· To regularly invoice and follow up all debtors of country office for services rendered.
· To ensure that travel claims are well prepared and supported and prepare adjusting journals.
· To ensure the safe keeping of all cheque books, receipt books and cash vouchers.
· In direct liaison with the Country Representative to ensure proper cash flow management.
- Support Tanzania CO and Partner Budget Application Process by:
o Mentoring/training partners to use the templates;
o Reviewing submitted budgets;
o Compiling budget summaries;
o Providing budget notifications to the Programme Team for sharing with partners.
- In liaison with Programme Team, ensure all partner savings are approved before re-allocation and re-utilization.
- Monitor whether partners’ financial implementation are done in accordance with CBM procedures and approved budget by conducting regular project visits in liaison with the Programme Team. Use findings to support partner capacity development to improve their internal controls.
- Support in tracking Tanzania CO programme budget call ups, expenditures and reporting.
Reviewing financial statements
- Review Partner Project Progress Report (PPR) and send to Regional Finance/Operations Team.
- Review whether the projects’/partners’ Audit Reports (AR) and Management Letters (ML) are in compliance with CBM procedures and requirements; this includes:
o Coordinate development of Audit ToRs including overseeing of the audit process.
o Follow up timely submission of AR and ML from partners and submit to Regional Office on due time line
o Review that the provided AR are in accordance with International and National Standards as well National Legislation.
o Review the auditor’s findings and opinions of the current year and follow up whether the project management has responded and whether subsequent corrective actions were taken.
o Review whether the previous year’s auditor’s findings and opinions are corrected or improved in the subsequent year.
· Review the correctness of projects’/partners’ CBM Annual Financial Statements (FS) against CBM Financial Manual and reconcile with AR; this includes:
o Review CBM FS whether all the donor funds have been used/reported in accordance with approved CBM budget.
o Review whether previous year’s savings and current year’s reallocations of funds are utilized with prior approval of CBM.
o Review that all income and expenditures are reported on CBM FS clearly explained and reconciled with incomes and expenditures reported on AR.
o Review that closing balance reported on CBM FS is in conformance with the closing bank balance reported on the audit report.
· Carry out your role-specific responsibility to safeguard children and adults at risk (as guided by CBM’s respective policies) in programs, and enforce this with any colleagues and partners you may oversee.
· Upon instruction by the superior(s) perform ad hoc activities which are either by their nature related to the normal duties or evolve from programme requirements. This may include, but is not limited to:
o Being available as a potential member of CO team of competence in the area of expertise.
Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience
· Degree in Finance/Accounting.
· Certified member of National Board of Accountants and Auditors – NBAA.
· Minimum five years’ work experience in same capacity within development sector.
· Strong and proficient skills in budget development, budget monitoring and donor financial report writing.
· Demonstrated experience and skills in partner capacity building (finance)
· Excellent skill of using MS Word and Excel, PPT, and Outlook.
· Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient level.
· Experience working directly with donor programs
· Experience in audit and monitoring partners (advantageous)
How to apply:
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to email@example.com
Application deadline: 5 pm Monday 3rd April 2017
CBM encourages persons with disabilities who qualify to apply for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania