Organization: Project Concern International
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 31 May 2017
The Finance Director is responsible for the financial management of PCI in Tanzania. This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the National Accountant(s).
The Finance Director, in close coordination with PCI departments, ensures that internal control procedures are followed and PCI, US government and other donors’ requirements for financial management, compliance, and accounting, budget planning, monitoring and reporting are fully met in a timely manner*.*
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Budget Planning, Monitoring and Reporting:
- Understand PCI’s business model to minimize co-funding and meet annual financial performance goals
- Develop budgets annually for existing projects and in response to opportunities for new projects
- Monitor PCI program budgets to ensure that spending occurs as planned and that variances are anticipated, noted and corrected. Ensure that key program personnel are aware of their budgetary resources and are able themselves to monitor their budgets;
- Prepare monthly variance analysis reports for each budget including accruals and initiate review with individual program managers;
- Prepare any budget revisions and projections for PCI programs and respond to any questions;
- Prepare financial information requested such as pipelines and accruals;
- Prepare monthly financial reports, budgets, forecast and reports on variances for the PCI’s international office
- Review payroll for accuracy of payroll register, salary computations, allocations to different programs and Journal entries posted in Accounting software
- Ensure compliance with all statutory issues for IO and PCI-Liberia local government authorities
- Review and approve the preparation of monthly funding requirements and ensure that all programs receive the funds approved for their use in a timely manner;
- Monitor bank balances to ensure that reserves are adequate to meet current needs; and
- Supervise the preparation of all payments to ensure complete documentation is provided and properly filed.
Internal Controls, Policy and Compliance
- Lead the development of new policies and procedures concerning internal controls and operating efficiency;
- Monitor existing compliance procedures and initiate potential improvements
- Perform periodic internal control reviews to assure compliance with organizational policy and appropriate segregation of duties.
- Assess financial, compliance and other relevant risks and establish risk mitigation processes
- Maintain and perform regular general ledger analysis; and
- Ensure compliance with PCI approval matrix
- Ensure compliance with PCI accounting, procurement and Sub-award manual
- Ensure proper asset management
Project Close Out:
- Ensure that close out forecasts are made beginning six months ahead of project end date and that spending during those six months is closely monitored; and
- Follow PCI’s project closeout procedures and ensure that there is complete compliance with all USG and other donor required close-out regulations.
- Participate in PCI’s innovation efforts and in teams on innovation initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Position Parameters/Special Responsibilities Required:
- The position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania but will require frequent travel to the field offices.
Ability to travel in-country and internationally up to 30% of time. Required Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent. Eight or more years in accounting and financial management with experience in non-profit accounting required;
Grant management experience and knowledge of US government grant-making rules and regulations is required;
Experience in managing multi-year food security program is required;
Experience with and commitment to working in a diverse workforce;
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with local and/or international non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations, and other grassroots organizations;
Demonstrated management skills in a multi-cultural context. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and ability to work with people of varied backgrounds.
Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple and time sensitive deadlines;
Highly proficient in using general ledger, Word, Excel, e-mail and web browser software
Demonstrated ability to utilize new software applications effectively;
Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Experience working outside Tanzania in International non-profit organizations is preferred.
A passion for the mission and values of PCI Job Location Dar es Salaam, , Tanzania
How to apply:
Powered by Jobs Tanzania