Organization: International Rescue Committee
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 05 Jun 2017
The Field Coordinator shall be responsible for supporting, coordinating and supervising the implementation of the IRC programs for Kibondo Field Office. Additionally, the FC will support implementation of IRC Strategy Action Plan in the Tanzania. The FC will also contribute towards grant management and reporting. The FC will be responsible for direct supervision of Human Resources, Administration, Supply Chain and Finance departments. He/she will have dotted line management with Program sectors. The FC will oversee day to day management of Staff Safety and security during all phases of field operations. The FC will from time to time represent the IRC Kibondo Field Office in various coordination forums. The FC reports to the Country Director and will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure quality and timely implementation of grants by staff with specific focus to the program support sections of each respective grant;
- Oversee the development of detailed project work plans for all programs and program support functions;
- Oversee all budget expenditures in the IRC Kibondo Field site operation and ensure they are allowable and allocable according to IRC and donor regulations.
- Ensure accurate budget spending and tracking by program managers and program support functions;
- Lead the field team in the Review of Monthly Budget vs. Actual reports with program staff, make recommendations on the basis of these and ensure that appropriate action is taken in a timely fashion.
New Program Development
- Identify new program possibilities in collaboration with field- and Dar Es -Salaam based staff, specifically the Country Director, Deputy Director Programs and the Technical Coordinators;
- Oversee development of new proposals by program staff as required
- Oversee budget development at field level
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Ensure appropriate M&E activities are carried out regularly by program staff in all sectors (data collection & analysis, monitoring of project progress against established work plans, monitoring of established indicators and utilization of results to inform program (re-)design);
- Support in Identifying gaps in M&E systems and make recommendations for improvements
- Support the integration of program activities to create coherent, quality and complimentary programming; Specific focus to ensure strong integration of program support functions with direct program related activities
- Participate in workshops at field level to establish and monitor annual operating plans for the strategic plan;
- Ensure that all project activities are consistent with established best practices and IRC’s SAP;
- Actively work with various sectors in the implementation of SAP.
Field Operational Management:
- Monitor the security situation in Kibondo/ its environs and ensure the SMT staff are continually updated and informed of developments with implications for staff safety and for program implementation;
- Oversee revision of the IRC Tanzania Security Manual as it pertains to Kibondo and its environs
- Responsible at field level staff evacuations.
- Ensure that all performance evaluations for all staff are conducted on time, and review all evaluations to ensure quality and consistency;
- Support in Identifying training needs for program support staff members and make appropriate recommendations to the DDP, and CD;
- Ensure that administrative matters of the field office are carried out in accordance with IRC HR and administration policies;
- Ensure that all IRC staff at the Field level are in compliance with the IRCWAY Policy and other relevant policies pertaining to staff conduct.
- Oversee the carrying out of supply chain support operations by IRC Kibondo Field Office supply chain staff, including procurement (both local and through Dar Es Salaam), stock management, asset management, vehicle operations, equipment maintenance and repair (including communications and computer equipment);
- Ensure compliance with IRC and donor supply chain policies.
- Oversee the financial management of field office operations by the Program Managers, and the Finance staff, including cash management, issuing and tracking advances, ensuring complete and correct use of all finance forms; timely notice to Dar Es Salaam of cash transfer needs;
- Ensure compliance with IRC and donor finance policies.
Representation / Communications
- Represent IRC in dealings with local authorities (administrative, sectoral and security officials), fellow NGOs and other stakeholders;
- Represent IRC at Kasulu field office level in advocacy
- Coordinate IRC program activities with relevant officials and other humanitarian agencies;
- Liaise closely with IRC’s partner agencies in Kibondo and as relevant within Kigoma region, both international and national NGOs.
Key Result Areas
- Strategic Leadership in effective program design and implementation, grant compliance
- Effective representation of the IRC in key forums (GoT, Partners, stake holder, donor) articulating IRC programming, country strategies and seeking to strengthen coordination/partnerships.
- Optimal and effective resource utilization in the overall IRC operations through implementation approaches in both programming and operations
- Contribute towards development of the IRC policies, procedures and ensure adherence and compliance by all Kibondo Field Office staff.
- Graduate degree in Development Studies, International Relations or similar OR relevant technical qualification (Health, Nutrition, Gender etc) preferred.
- Masters in management fields is an added advantage
- At least 5 years of experience of implementing multi-sectoral humanitarian relief or development projects in Africa or similar context preferred.
Required Experience & Competencies:
- Experience working in complex emergency settings implementing and managing Primary Health, GBV, programs in emergency or refugee settings.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with and coordinating with international and national partner organizations.
- Experience managing UNHCR,BPRM, UNICEF, ECHO, funded projects an added advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Budget development, and strong budget management experience
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage large amounts of information and prioritize work
- Good security management skills preferred.
- Good working knowledge of communications systems (satellite communications, VHF and HF radio) preferred.
- Good working knowledge of computer software: MS Word, Excel & email applications required; MS Access, GIS preferred.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
- Willingness to live and productively work in insecure, unstable and/or harsh environments
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Desire to learn
- Cultural sensitivity
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2F0cmluYW1pbGxlci4wMjEwMC4zODMwQGlyYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Powered by Jobs Tanzania