Organization: Practical Action
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 18 Oct 2017
With 50 years of expertise, Practical Action has a strong heritage, and track record of bringing communities and experts together to find practical, sustainable solutions to enable people to meet their needs, which work for both people and the planet. Technology features in everything we do.
Since 2014, Practical Action with the support of DFID and other donors has been producing our flagship publication, the Poor Peoples Energy Outlook (PPEO). The PPEO is a research based report that attempts to bring out the energy needs of poor people using empirical evidence from rural communities. It attempts to challenge governments and other policy makers to rethink energy planning and delivery from the perspectives of the energy poor. The most recent publication was based on research done in three countries – Kenya, Bangladesh and Togo.
Over the next year, we propose to disseminate the PPEO whilst simultaneously investigating how it can best be used to facilitate positive impacts to the complex energy access landscape in Tanzania.
In view of the above, we are looking for a Tanzania Energy Access Sector Expert based in Tanzania who will be responsible for the contextualizing the PPEO findings and dissemination of the same.
The consultant will report to the Practical Action Consulting project manager and will lead and/or support on the following key activities:
- Undertake a mapping exercise of the existing actors who can support the dissemination of the PPEO findings;
- Contextualise the findings to the Tanzania energy access situation;
- Organise a series of events aimed at disseminating learnings and evidence from the PPEO publication to national and regional stakeholders; and
- Explore pathways to achieving energy access as a result of the dissemination
The consultant should possess:
- • A Masters’ degree in engineering, economics or other technical discipline related to the assignment.
- • At least 7 years of relevant experience in a professional environment delivering results to clients
For a detailed job description visit: https://practicalaction.org/energy-access-expert-tanzania
How to apply:
Interested applicants may send their applications including detailed CV with at least 3 contactable references and their suggested daily fee rate in USD to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th October 2017. Please indicate: “Energy Access Expert, Tanzania” in the email subject line.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania