Organization: Democracy International
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 25 Apr 2015
Democracy International (DI) is seeking a qualified Chief of Party (COP)/**Program Cycle Senior Expert** for the Tanzania Mission Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Program (MELP). The MELP Program is a multiyear program designed to provide monitoring and evaluation and other relevant technical/advisory services to support USAID/Tanzania. The COP will be responsible for overall project management, quality control, external representation and will serve as the main point of contact between DI and USAID/Tanzania.
- Implement project strategy and activities to achieve agreed upon milestones;
- Demonstrated capacity to perform high-level analyses and support USAID/Tanzania senior management in strategic planning;
- Supervise project staff and short-term technical consultants to optimize project results;
- Ensure effective contract implementation through oversight of financial management, budgeting, cost containment, and transparent accounting and reporting practices; activity planning for monthly, quarterly, and annual work plans;
- Manage all field staff.
- Minimum of 10 years demonstrated experience in development, particularly related to program strategy, project/activity design, and monitoring and evaluation;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required; Kiswahili language skills are desired;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior-level field management position;
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with U.S. government officials;
- Prior experience supervising staff and consultants;
- A graduate degree in management, organizational development, international development, social science;
- Technical expertise in any of the sectors USAID Tanzania is working on will be an advantage;
- Ability and willingness to travel
This position will be based in Tanzania, ability to travel required.
DI’s recruitment for this position is contingent upon award.
About Democracy International:
Democracy International, Inc. (DI) provides technical assistance, analytical services and project implementation for democracy, human rights, governance and conflict mitigation programs worldwide for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the U.S. State Department and other development partners. Since its founding in 2003, Democracy International has worked with civil society organizations, political parties, election-management bodies, government agencies, legislatures, justice-sector institutions, and others in 70 countries. DI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through Democracy International’s job site: https://jobs.democracyinternational.com.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania