Organization: Energy 4 Impact
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 20 Nov 2017
Energy 4 Impact is an international advisory organization supporting the energy sector in Sub-Saharan Africa. We deliver demand-driven, practical, and customised support to SMEs, project developers, social enterprises, and micro-enterprises that provide renewable energy services to off-grid communities.
Our team of 90 people includes primarily locally based professionals who are supported by a small head office in London. The organization is comprised of:
· Country Teams in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Senegal. These teams provide business and technical skills training and mentorship to micro-enterprises that deliver “last-mile” energy services, and support them to access finance from MFIs, SACCOs and local banks.
· Capital Access team in Nairobi with support of country offices supply and demand sides in the debt capital value chain in the Energy 4 Impact Programmes, and creates or facilitates linkages between Energy 4 Impact clients that are or wish to be borrowers and Energy 4 Impact partners that are or wish to be debt capital providers to our clients.
· Administrative and support staff based in our London HQ and Nairobi regional head office.
Energy 4 Impact is funded by major development agencies e.g Sida (Sweden), DfID (UK), World Bank, USAID, Barclays, OFID, and EU. Since our founding in 2006, we have leveraged $100 million of grant funding to support more than 3,000 businesses.
This role is within Capital Access team, a team of professionals from a range of private sector backgrounds including microfinance, banking, entrepreneurship, and business development support services.
The job holder will support the E4I team in Tanzania, based in Dar-es-Salaam with frequent travel to the field (Pwani and Tanga region). The purpose is to establish financial linkages and mechanisms for micro- and small enterprises in those regions for business growth. Particularly, those are businesses who were recently connected to electricity, and thus, availability and affordability of appliance supply and appliance financing is key to develop their business cases. The CAF Officer will work with the MSMEs to help them develop an investment case to take to potential lenders.
E4I has established relationships with a number of market players, relevant to PUE. Those include equipment providers, asset financiers, as well as other financial institutions.
We aim to be a caring, compassionate organization respectful of difference, and to treat our staff fairly and to help them develop as professionals and as people.
Client focused – We serve the needs of our clients in a professional and client focused way.
Caring – We care about people and contribute to their wellbeing, and minimize the effects of inequality, poverty and climate change.
Learning – We continuously learn from our own experiences and those of others in order to improve our practices.
Ethical – We are ethical and transparent in all our dealings, always maintaining a high level of personal integrity.
Appropriate – We promote the use of appropriate solutions consistent with the circumstances of our clients and their markets.
Respectful – We respect and value our stakeholders and act with fairness to all.
The jobholder will be expected to demonstrate commitment and loyalty and perform all duties in accordance with the organization’s office routines and procedures, keeping in mind the overall business objectives.
Responsibilities for the role include:
· Reporting to CAF Manager.
· Develop and execute strategies to support enterprises through access to finance, capacity building, and mentorship.
· Help clients access commercial financing (grants, debt, equity) using knowledge of investment requirements, and help negotiate and structure the financing.
· Support implementation of business plans, and interact with in-house M&E team to ensure expected results are achieved, measured and evaluated
· Implement policies, procedures, documents, and tools within Capital Access Team and others in Energy 4 Impact.
· Support activities of Capital Access team with internal teams (e.g. PDP teams, M&E teams in particular but also enterprise support team) and external stakeholders (e.g. lenders and agencies)
· Implement the various CAF delivery channels of E4I
· Coordinate relationships with partner financial institutions. F
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV, along with a covering letter to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania