Organization: Church World Service
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 13 Aug 2017
CWS RSC Africa
The Resettlement Support Center (CWS RSC Africa) operates a US refugee resettlement program in sub-Saharan Africa through a Cooperative Agreement with the Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration. CWS RSC Africa is responsible for the preparation of refugee case files for adjudication by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, as well as the out-processing and cultural orientation of all approved cases. CWS RSC Africa is administered by the Church World Service Immigration Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) and is based in Nairobi, Kenya, with a sub-office in Pretoria, South Africa.
CWS Global and CWS RSC Africa offer a total compensation package. The total compensation package includes life insurance, comprehensive health insurance, dental coverage, vision coverage; housing stipend, and a relocation allowance. CWS RSC Africa also offers 22 vacation days a year (these days exclude weekends and public holidays), sick days, compassionate leave (as per the law), and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
This position is contingent on funding availability.
This position is responsible for providing administrative support and assistance to the Site Manager, the Finance and Administration Officer and the operations staff of Church World Service, Kasulu Satellite office.
This position reports directly to the Finance and Administration Officer.
- Interprets written business requirements and technical specification documents;
- Maintains a filing system for the Administrative documents of the CWS Kasulu Satellite office that facilitates easy retrieval of the documents;
- Receives invoices and attaches them to payment vouchers (PVs). Also attaches copies of contracts to PVs;
- Labels all fixed assets and updates the fixed assets registers with any new assets and asset movements in a timely manner;
- Acts as the point person in charge of the store i.e. controls the movement of goods in and out of the store, controls stock levels and requisitions additional stock if stocks go below the threshold point, updates the inventory and stock lists e.t.c
- Monitors the movement of check payments in circulation for signing;
- Manages petty cash under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Officer;
- Manages a flow of documents between other departments and the Site Manager’s office;
- Assists with logistics functions including but not limited to keeping track of Miscellaneous Charge Orders issued, keeps a list of all announced circuit rides, shares circuit ride details with those who need to know and assists with visa processing;
- Operates the reception duties as determined by the Site Manager.
- Types memos and correspondence as required by the Site Manager;
- Takes minutes during staff meetings for distribution;
- Assists in the preparation and implementation of SOPs for the Satellite office;
- Assists with postage, weighing as needed;
- Assists in bookkeeping duties as assigned by the Finance and Administration Officer and / or the Site Manager;
- Assists in sending out and receive/distribute fax messages as required;
- All other duties and responsibilities determined appropriate by the Site Manager.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Five (5) years of general work experience. Including, one year of directly related specialized experience performing the essential functions is required.
- Demonstrated written and verbal English skills;
- Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrated strong communication skills.
The Administrative Assistant must have the ability to:
- Maintain the integrity of confidential financial and personnel information;
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Follow instructions from the supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
- Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, applicants and members of the general public;
- Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa Satellite office and CWS/IRP;
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- Take initiative;
- Maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa Satellite administrative and operational information;
- Manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
- Effectively manage RSC Africa’s Satellite office resources;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program and other CWS related activities.
Ensure effective exchanges of information with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include speaking to others respectfully; expressing ideas in a logical, organized way; sharing information appropriately; and clarity and conciseness in written communication.
Ensure constructive and supportive interactions with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include being positive and supportive when working with others; sharing information and resources freely; resolving conflict constructively; and proactively working to remove obstacles to success for others.
Utilize and apply job related knowledge to complete job tasks at a level that meets or exceeds expectations. Examples of skills and behaviors include utilizing job knowledge to solve problems or develop new approaches; maintaining or enhancing skills through continuing education; and taking on projects that will develop or enhance skills.
Work effectively and contribute as a member of a team. Examples of skills and behaviors include supporting other team members by sharing information; covering the work of others during absences, vacations etc.; and actively participating in developing ideas for ways to increase team effectiveness.
Analyze information and develop solutions to challenges that arise during the course of performing a job. Examples of skills and behaviors include researching and collecting facts; defining the issues and the parties affected; formulating options/solutions for addressing the problem; and engendering support for and implementing the solution.
Program Planning and Management
Organize work and/or plan projects and ensure timely completion and/or successful implementation. Examples of skills and behaviors include identifying and analyzing program options; identifying the tasks and deliverables required for successful completion; managing one’s time; monitoring the resources involved and ensuring that they are directed most effectively; and working with all involved to ensure successful completion.
Guide and direct oneself or other individuals and groups toward a desired outcome. Examples of skills and behaviors include taking the appropriate level of initiative to resolve problems or remove obstacles, bringing individuals together around a common goal; evaluating information and making decisions; navigating conflict and obstacles; and ensuring that communication takes place between all parties involved.
Resource Building and Stewardship
Balance the acquisition or investment of organization resources with responsible use of those resources in line with the organization’s mission. Examples of skills and behaviors include taking advantage of all opportunities to cultivate potential donors; evaluating situations to identify the best use of resources; and making responsible investments of resources that increase organization effectiveness.
How to apply:
Please click the link below to access the job advert.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania