Opportunity Tanzania Limited is a Microfinance Institution with Branches in Dar-Es-salaam, Arusha, Moshi, Morogoro and Iringa. As the part of Opportunity’s International network, OTL’s mission is to make available to the economically disadvantaged members of Tanzanian society, small business loans and other appropriate financial services that, coupled with the necessary training, enable them to develop and sustain income generating and job creating enterprises.
As an expanding company were are looking for key staff in the following vacancy
Transformation and Marketing Officer
Head Office, Dar Es Salaam
Chief Relationship Officer.
Overall purpose of the job
In microfinance, performance has long been associated with financial and outreach outcomes. The Opportunity International Global Network distinguishes itself through its Mission, Motivation, Core Values and Integrated Triple Bottom line (Transformational Impact, Large Scale Outreach, and Financial Viability).
The Opportunity Tanzania Limited Transformation Officer key purpose is to build the capacity of the institution to effectively translate the institution’s Mission, Motivation, Core Values and Triple Bottom Line into day to day practice.
To establish and coordinate the implementation of a holistic transformation strategy, services and activities that aim to empower clients economically, socially and spiritually to become more confident and socially responsible citizens.
Act as field point person for Insight trip visitors/donors to OTL and organizing all their logistical concerns with the aim of showing them the impact of their funds to the clients.
Academic/ professional qualifications
· Higher Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Sales/Business Administration or related field
· Showed leadership in school
· 2-5 years professional experience
· Experience interacting with and talking to international donor groups
· Experience in microfinance industry preferred but not essential
· Excellent report writing skills
· Should possess a positive, outgoing personality
· Able to communicate fluently in both English and Kiswahili and explain complicated concepts to both clients and donor audiences
· Liaising with Operations and administration department in preparing donor travel requirements and schedules
· Work with Sales Team to plan field visits for OTL Insight trips.
· Escort visitors to the field and ensure translations are provided and the methodology and context of OTL microfinance is explained.
· On a monthly basis, assist the CRO in the execution of various transformational events within the region targeted at improving customer satisfaction.
· On a weekly basis co-ordinate the company’s morning devotion schedules in consultation with branch managers and the CRO.
On a daily basis execute transformational programmes in the company within the approved budget and time scales in consultation with the CRO.
· Ability to use internet and post client’s inspirational profiles and pictures in the web
· Facilitate meetings between staffs, trust groups, individual clients and donors.
· Preparing monthly reports required by Kiva and Optinow programmes and any other strategic partner and submitting them to the relevant authorities
· Liaising with the marketing department to ensure that inputs in the optinow website are as per the organizational policy
· Work in coordination with CRO to drive the process to define, integrate and embed the transformational impact mindset throughout and across: operational plans; policies & procedures; product and services development; Client Service Standards [Code of Conduct] and delivery strategies; and other related staff and client capacity development initiatives necessary for the establishment and maximization of institutions transformational environment and impact performance.
· Work to support Sales team to develop and implement effective monitoring system for tracking the transformational impact performance (from Institutional level through to individual level).
· Assisting the CRO in preparing Transformational Impact performance and progress report on a quarterly basis.
· Analyse Progress out of Poverty data collected by sales team and prepare monthly reports and recommendations.
· Documents and disseminates transformation project learning’s from the field to Opportunity International Network partners to facilitate enhancement of transformational impact approaches and strategies, as well as the development of new tools, templates and resources.
· Assisting the CRO to drive the development of communication, training and other related materials required by front line staff [field officer, teller or customer service staff).
· Assisting the CRO when required; in highlighting institutions transformational impact focus profile, inclusive of efforts to raise related project funds when necessary.
· Assist the CRO to drive and coordinate institutional responses to clients befallen with natural disasters or crisis points.
· Promotes gender equity and sensitivity among staff and clients.
· Assist Sales Team in implementing Marketing Activities
· Design and plan quarterly marketing activities for the branches in conformity with the overall marketing plan.
· In charge of branch promotional and marketing efforts
· Design Marketing Materials for OTL and liaise with Suppliers and marketing agencies.
· Monitor the marketing materials(Brochures, Product Flyers, notice board etc) to ensure availability and consistency
· In charge of monitoring branch product performance and evaluation of marketing campaigns.
· Provide support for new branch opening events and outreach programs.
· Perform other job-related duties as required by the Marketing Manager.
· Conduct Quarterly competitors and Market survey and provide to Management
· Visionary Leadership – Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilize others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to all stakeholders he comes across.
· Critical Judgment and Decision making-Define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions to obstacles. Make sensible decisions on the basis of analysis and experience.
· Inspires Commitment- Lives out of the OI Network mission, corporate values and Christian motivation. Actions and behaviors are consistent with words.
· Excellent communicator- Communicates well, both verbally and in writing. Effectively conveys and shares information with others.
· Change Management – Assist in developing workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
· Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
· Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
· Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
· Ethics based upon Biblical Principles – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· Analytical skills- Ability to analyse different situations quickly and come up with workable solutions
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send Curriculum Vitae before 31stMarch, 2015. Only Curriculum vitae will be accepted through email address below
Head Human Resources
Alli Hassan Mwinyi Rd, Opp. AAR Hospital
P.O Box 80244
Dar es Salaam
NOTE: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
OPPORTUNITY TANZANIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Powered by Jobs Tanzania