Precision Air Services Plc is a fast growing private Tanzanian airline which operates in partnership with Kenya Airways, with its strategies to expand wings beyond East Africa and Africa.
In order to keep our services at a higher level and meet our customers’ maximum satisfaction, we wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in this challenging positions.
POSITION: SYSTEM SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
REPORTS TO: INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGER
DUTY STATION: DAR ES SALAAM.
ROLE PURPOSE STATEMENT:
To configure support, monitor and manage Precision Air’s Information Systems ensuring that the systems are available and optimized at all times.
- Run computer and IT Systems helpdesk.
- Manage the desktop environment for business applications access.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance and support of computer systems and networks.
- Manage and carry on antivirus activities in the entire network.
- Carry out first level of IS support and administrative tasks as necessary to enable the IS Operations users carry out their duties effectively.
- Carry on first level of security administration for both Software and IT-Related hardware in the company.
- Provide technical assistance, support and advice to users.
- Provide first level support of organization’s LAN and VPN, Internet and Intranet systems.
- Prepares and schedules computer setup, repair, configuration changes, or replacement.
- Provides telephone, e-mail, remote access, or in-person solutions to day-to-day computer issues.
- Support IS team in meeting key performance indicators and metrics
- Assist with the maintenance of records for hardware and software use along with license usage.
- Displays continuous improvement of current processes and procedures.
- Develops strategies and processes to ensure on-time delivery of equipment, cost reduction opportunities and performance improvements.
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of desktop and laptop hardware, and common business software such as MS Office.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current operating systems
- Taking reasonable care of own safety and security and the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omission while undertaking your duties/ tasks,
- Cooperating with the Company to enable it comply with the relevant regulatory provisions and standards,
- Using, in the correct manner, all protective equipment and procedures provided by the company,
- Operating only that equipment on which they have been trained and qualified to operate
- Reporting to the company, without delay, any defects in procedures or equipment that they are aware of that might compromise safety.
- Taking all reasonable and practical measures, this may include the submission of safety reports, to prevent injury or fatality to themselves or other persons and damage to or loss of aircraft.
- Avoiding intentionally interfering with anything provided by the Company in the interest of safety
- Reporting any conflicts between safety and the operational goals of the Company
- Creating, receiving and keeping relevant records in accordance with correct filing rules.
- Disposing of records in accordance with authorized disposition instruments and established procedures
- Any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
PERFORMANCE INDICA TORS:
- Level of availability of Systems links/services within set standards to support the business
- Timely resolution of services faults within agreed SLAs
- Proactive reporting of systems availability and performance
- Self Starter and proactive.
- Working with deadlines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in IT or Computer Science or any other equivalent qualification
- Two Years experience with Installation and support of ICT systems, preferably hardware systems.
- Industry certification in systems technologies, preferably MCSE,MCITP, CCNA, A+ or ITIL.
- Experience using a help desk ticketing system.
- Experience in supporting airport systems will be an added advantage
- Excellent Communication Skills.
Not later than 19th February 2018
Mode of Application:
If you feel you meet the above requirements please send your application and CV to the address below. Only short‐listed applicants will be contacted.
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Precision Air Services Plc
Mail Box 70770
Dar es Salaam
Powered by Jobs Tanzania