Organization: UN High Commissioner for Refugees
Country: Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 03 Aug 2017
Information Management Officer
This position is available in multiple locations, please go to www.unhcr.org/careers.html.
Closing date: 3 August 2017
UNHCR encourages qualified women to apply.
In close coordination and consultation with the Senior Regional Information Management Officer and, as applicable, relevant units at Headquarters (e.g. FICSS, Bureau) the Information Management Officer will be responsible for designing and implementing a country-specific Information Management strategy.
S/he will be responsible for broadly supporting the production and dissemination of information on the population of concern to the Country Office, including, but not limited to Protection and Programme information.
The Information Management Officer will liaise with sectoral leads to gather information for further analysis and dissemination and identify information gaps. Where information gaps exist, the Information Management Officer may help setting up primary data collection systems and organise needs assessments, which may also involve other stakeholders.
In the case of refugee operations, the Information Management Officer will coordinate information management activities relevant to all aspects of the operation and across organizations.
For IDP operations, the Information Management Officer will coordinate information management within and provide information management services to the UNHCR-led clusters and act as IM focal point for those clusters with OCHA.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University degree in information technology, demography, statistics, social sciences or any related area.
- At least 8 years (6 years with Advanced University degree) of relevant work experience of which at least 4 years combined field and/or headquarters experience in international organizations (e.g. UN agencies, INGOs, IOs, bi-lateral cooperation agencies, etc.).
- Knowledge of the UN system and the humanitarian community.
- Knowledge of protection-related guidelines, standards and indicators.
- Proven skills to analyze statistical information.
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, functions, etc.).
- Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
- Ability to translate planning-specifications into technical briefs for data capture and analysis, and vice versa.
- Ability to compile and holistically analyze diverse datasets.
- Experience with handling confidential data.
- Demonstrated information management skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
- Understanding of relational data theory.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another UN language.
(In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of UN working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.)
*For National Officer positions, very good knowledge of local language and local institutions is essential.**
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Proficiency in other official UN languages.
- Successful participation in the Operational Data management Learning Programme.
- Experience in web design and software development is an asset.
- Experience with relevant software such as ArcGIS, Mapinfo, SPSS, EpiInfo6 , SQL Server, and/or progress.
- Experience with HTML, PHP, ASP and/or Java is an asset. **
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please go to our careers page at www.unhcr.org/careers.html, click on international vacancies and type in job ID 14107 (Syria) / 13941 (Tanzania) / 14066 (Sudan).
Deadline: 3 August 2017 (midnight Geneva time)
All positions are available on the UNHCR Careers Page at www.unhcr.org/careers.html.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania