The incumbent will be responsible for moving stock accurately and correctly inside, within and out of the warehouse through the process of receiving, binning and packing, despatch, stock accuracy management, proof of delivery control, housekeeping and stock maintenance. Will also be responsible for capturing the above processes that were executed onto the relevant inventory system.
- Form IV with passes in Maths & English
- Computer literate
- Two (2) years’ experience in store / warehouse environment
- 1 year experience in Warehousing/Stores
- Maintain housekeeping of work place
- Ensuring that all reasonable steps are taken to insure all employees are provided with a safe and healthy working environment. This includes compliance with the SMC safety management program
- Providing accurate information to assist in keeping the CMS up to date on receipts, issues and orders.
- Offload items from delivery trucks
- Unpack boxes/crates
- Inspect goods
- Bin goods and update bin card
- Update new bin locations
- Pick parts as indicated on picking notes
- Clean parts during picking
- Check picked parts during handover for dispatching
- Ensure effective storage practices, including correct bin locations, and correctly stacked parts/components.
- Bin received goods on the locations indicated on the binning slips
- Update bin cards during binning
- Check off goods to before dispatch
- Carry out effective logistics including unloading and shipments of parts / components
- Load items onto delivery trucks
- Receive and Dispatch parts and consumables
- File POD’s and keep record of both delivered and undelivered invoices
- Retrieve POD’s on request
- Identify professional career goals and development needs and suggest
- training and development opportunities that will help achieve these goals
- Complete all work required from training attended within the period under review
Who may apply
All applicants outside South Africa must ensure that they are able to secure a work permit and permanent residence prior to applying for any advertised positions.
How to apply
To apply, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik websitewww.sandvik.com/Career.
If you have any further queries, please contact us on 0800 331 331.
Applications close: 02 April 2015
Job Reference No: 336411
Recruiter: Thandeka Mathebula
Sandvik is committed to representivity in the composition of its employees and the creation of job opportunities across all sectors of the South African population.
Deadline: 2 Apr
Powered by Jobs Tanzania