The MEASURE Evaluation Project, based at the Carolina Population Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC), is a global health project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). MEASURE Evaluation focuses on monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of population, health, and nutrition programs and improving health sector decision-making. In Tanzania, the Project received an Associate Award from USAID/Tanzania that is anticipated to run from 2014 – 2019. We are currently seeking a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor to support operational research, data quality audits and M&E trainings with health partners.
The Senior M&E Advisor is a full-time position based in our Dar es Salaam office. The position is part of a team of M&E Advisors who work together on activities related to conducting research, data quality audits and M&E training and mentoring to partners. The Senior M&E Advisor will work closely with the Chief of Party, the Senior Technical Director and project staff representing MEASURE Evaluations’ five partners (ICF-Macro, Futures Group, JSI, MSH, and Tulane University).
Among the core responsibilities, the Senior M&E Advisor will lead and/or contribute to:
- Operations research activities including developing data collection tools, recruiting and training data collectors or data collection firms, conducting field work and managing primary research data.
- Conducting Data Quality Audits (DQA) , including organizing field work and field teams, developing workshop materials, developing new tools and guidance (as needed) and managing field teams including mentoring subcontractor staff that are conducting the field work, coordinating field teams and troubleshooting any problems that arise in the field.
- Analysis and report writing such as reviewing assisting DQA teams in interpreting findings and drafting DQA reports.
- M&E capacity building including developing capacity building plans with partners, developing workshop curricula, implementing targeted workshops for partners, providing mentoring to improve partners’ organizational capacity to perform M&E and assessing M&E capacity improvements.
The Senior M&E Advisor will have a Master’s degree in a related field and at least 5 years of related field experience, including at least 3 years of field research experience. S/he must also have advanced skills in M&E and experience designing monitoring and evaluation plans, assessing data needs, and designing and implementing data collection activities. Additional responsibilities will include ensuring the incorporation of cross-cutting themes of gender and sustainability across the entire project. This position requires frequent travel in-country.
- A minimum of a masters’ degree in public heath, economics or related field.
Qualification & Experience Requirements
- At least 5 years of experience in managing monitoring and evaluation activities for health programs, including strengthening M&E systems and conducting M&E trainings/mentoring activities.
- At least 3 years of experience conducting field research activities, including developing data collection tools, recruiting and training data collectors or data collection firms, conducting fieldwork and managing primary research data.
- Experience in HIV and AIDS service delivery in field and/or community settings.
- Knowledge of health M&E systems and programming processes in Tanzania, especially in regards to HIV and AIDS.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
- Tanzanian resident.
- Ability to travel domestically, at up to 4 weeks at a time.
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions, NGO, or private sector / consulting firm is a very strong advantage.
- Familiarity with USAID projects and administrative requirements
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications for this position should be submitted online at www.futuresgroup.com via the Careers page or by following the link below:
Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. Deadline for applications is April 8th2015.Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania