Mwanza Urban Water and Sanitation Authority (MWAUWASA) is one of the competitively best Authorities in the Tanzanian water sector supplying clean and safe water and efficient sewerage services for the residents of Mwanza City and its suburbs. The Authority is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced dynamic and motivated Tanzanians to fill the understated vacancies that currently exist in the Authority:
Position: Sales Assistant – III/I ( 20 Post )
Responsible to : Sales Supervisor
Subordinates : None
Salary scale : MWAUWASA’s Salary Scale of MAS 3
- Possession of Certificate of Secondary Education (Form IV) or Advanced Certificate of Secondary
- Education (Form VI)
- Should not be aged above 40 years; Experience in water meter reading
Possession of a Trade Test III or Level One certificate in pipe fitting and plumbing from VETA or other recognized Training Institute or Certificate in any Business or Social Science studies is added advantage
- Possession of Driving License with at least class ‘A’ (Motorcycle Driving License) is added advantage
- Ensure that he/she is shown and investigates to know the location in a sales territory of all new water connections and identify them for reading.
- Visits customers in his/her sales territory and investigates to ascertain actual customer’s water consumption as against what is registered by the meter.
- Correctly and accurately reads meters of all customers in his/her sales territory and accounts for the same.
- Verifies the correctness of readings in the system meter list against his/her records before billing.
- Ensures bills are physically or electronically (by sms) delivered to all customers in his/her sales territory
- Timely reports water supply irregularities, meter and metering problems including water distribution faults, distribution system being contaminated by customer service lines, unauthorized water connections and water pipe leaks.
- Ensures that all water debts from customers found in his/her sales territory are paid in time
- Implements water service disconnection or reconnection for customers as directed by his/her Supervisor.
- Any other duties as assigned by his/her Supervisors/Superiors.
The Appointing Authority for the advertised vacancies is the Management. Successful applicants will
be employed on contract of an unspecified period of time.
Result Slips, Leaving Certificates alone without academic Certificates of Secondary Education will not be accepted
certificates and 2 letters from 2 referees, telephone numbers and email addresses so as to reach the undersigned .
MWANZA URBAN WATER SUPPLY & SANITATION AUTHORITY,
P.O. BOX 317,
Deadline: 27 March 2015