This job description is not intended to be an all‐inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents should expect to follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their manager.
Job Title: Program Officer
Reports To: Vice President, Policy and Practice
For almost 40 years, across nearly 50 countries, we have led the global fight against hunger. We save the lives of children and their families. We are there for them before and after disaster strikes. We enable people to provide for themselves, see their children grow up strong, and for whole communities to prosper.
Relief For Africa is an NGO that is action oriented. We deliver services to those in need. We make lasting positive change in the lives of people.
We train populations to be self-sufficient. Although these dedicated men and women want to eliminate the need for the services, humanity is not willing and forces us to witness the most heinous actions.
The Program Officer is responsible for providing leadership, strategic input, and management of Relief For Africa and outside partner projects on various topics, with a focus on human capital and personalization.
The role requires strong critical thinking, analytic, management, and leadership skills; a roll up your sleeves mentality, good judgment, and the ability to manage complex local and national partnerships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in policy, research, evaluation, and management support for our Foundation programs, partner and statewide entity initiatives
- Work collaboratively with team of program officers, associates, and interns in order to conduct research, develop policy agenda, and produce policy briefs for broad range of audiences
- Manage key our initiatives, with particular focus on issues of teacher quality, school choice, and college readiness
- Support development of policy agenda and organizational strategy
- Work with Vice President, Policy and Practice and Government Affairs Manager to assess political landscape, develop organizational agenda, and draft proposals for new legislation and regulation
- Provide program management support, including research, engagement of national experts, meeting preparation, and writing, to statewide policy efforts and our Foundation initiatives
- Conduct long term program strategy formulation and develop presentation materials for multiple stakeholder audiences
Other Jobs: Click here to see other Jobs
- To perform this job effectively, a Bachelor’s Degree is required and a one year experience.
- In addition, knowledge in state and national education systems, policies, and practices strongly preferred.
The ideal candidate will excel in:
- Research and analysis
- Written and verbal communication/presentation skills Program and project management experience
- The ability to work independently and with others Strategic thinking
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in the full suite of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint, and have experience in data analysis.
The organization offers competitive salary and benefits, and is an equal opportunity employer.
For further information on the Foundation please
visit us at www.relieforafrica.org
APPLY ONLINE THROUGH
Submit a cover letter and resume to Nancy Mallard:
Email: Nancy@relieforafrica.org on or before 4th April 2018.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania