CARE is a leading humanitarian organization dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice with a special emphasis on women and girls. Operating in Tanzania since 1994, CARE Tanzania is part of CARE International, whose vision is to seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty is overcome and people live in dignity and security. CARE Tanzania and partners contribute to the empowerment of the most marginalized and vulnerable rural women. and girls to exercise their rights.
CARE Tanzania seeks a Program Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) coordinator for Ardhi Yetu Program activities. The overall objective of Ardhi Yetu programme is to strengthen the capacity of civil society at local and national levels to hold land’s sector duty bearers (including government and private sector) accountable while advocating for the rights of small scale farmers and pastoralists through climate change and resilience lenses. Based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, the MEAL Coordinator will directly report to the Ardhi Yetu Program Coordinator. ·
- Ensure the alignment of M&E activities with program goals and contribute to the development of annual work plans to identify project’s targets and ensure inclusion of M&E activities.
- Develop and implement effective monitoring and evaluation tools and approaches to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions.
- Monitor project activities and tracking these activities against the results framework.
- Conduct field visits for data validation, to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets.
- Coordinate data collection at project sites to monitor program development and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data. Capture and document lessons learned; champion the scaling up best practices.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of project activities to donor, including progress against targets set in the award agreement and annual work plan, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Provide technical leadership and support to project and partner staff in planning and implementing M&E systems and activities, data-based program decision-making, and results reporting.
- Support the program Coordinator in coordinating the mid-term and final project evaluations.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field (community development, rural development, demography, statistics, or any related field , etc.)
- Minimum of five (5) years’ professional experience and demonstrated practical skills in M&E of donorfunded development programs. .
- Technical capacities to be able to monitor and evaluate policy processes, private sector engagement and CSO engagement as well as monitoring and articulating vertical linkages.
- Previous experience supporting land and pastoralists related programming is an advantage but not a requirement
- Strong knowledge of data collection, M&E methodology data analysis and synthesis, performance evaluation and correction, reporting requirements and report writing.
- Demonstrated capacity to use project M&E to advance strategic goals and provide data for decision making.
- Excellent representational and communication skills, written and oral fluency in English.
- Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women to apply
MODE OF APPLICATION
Only a letter of application and CV without supporting documents such as certificates should be sent by email to Human Resources Department; TZAHumanResourcesDepartment@care.org
by Close of the business on 26th February 2018 at 1700hrs.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Powered by Jobs Tanzania