Our Client, The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, and the Republic of Uganda with its headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of Republic of to apply for the following position tenable at East African Community Secretariat
POLICE LIAISON OFFICER
PROFESSIONAL STAFF CATEGORY : P5
DEPARTMENT : Peace and Security
JOB HOLDER REPORTS TO : Deputy Secretary General (Political Federation)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain and enhance liaison between Partner States’ Police Forces/Services and EAC Secretariat
2. Promote the use of INTERPOL Tools and Services in the fight against cross border and transnational crime.
3. Co-ordinate the implementation of EAPCCO resolutions in liaison with Interpol Regional Bureau Nairobi through the EAC Policy Organs
4. Co-ordinate, monitor implementation of and follow-up on resolutions, decisions, directives and recommendations of EAC Police Chiefs meetings.
5. Maintain records of activities of co-operation on crime and security matters among EAC Police Forces/Services as means to strengthen support for each other
6. Identify good policing practices within the Partner States and other RECs for consideration of adoption by EAC Police Services / Forces.
7. Coordinate implementation cooperation arrangements within the sub sector.
8. Coordinate establishment of a regional crime database
9. Coordinate establishment of an internet based information sharing system
10. Any other duties as may be assigned by the Police chiefs
ACADEMIC/PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The applicants for the post of Police Liaison Officer must
1. Hold a Bachelors degree from a recognized University. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
2. The candidate must be a serving Police Officer at the rank of Assistant Commissioner or equivalent and above
3. 15 years professional experience with 8 at senior level.
4. Experience with a Regional or International Organization in similar capacity will be an added advantage.
5. Aged below 55 years
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
a) Proficiency in writing and use of Computer packages
b) Good Communication, public relations and negotiation skills
c) Knowledge of the Treaty for the Establishment of the EAC,its decision making structures and processes
d) Comprehensive understanding of the EAC mandate on Peace and Security issues and interface with other regional organizations
Terms and Conditions of Service
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System.
The position of POLICE LIAISON OFFICER tenable at the EAC Secretariat will be held by Citizens of the East African Partner States for duration of three (3) years none-renewable on rotational basis in alphabetical order starting with the Republic of Burundi.
This post offers attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognised by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective countries. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective countries. Examples include: Accountants, Auditors, Engineers, Procurement Specialists, and Medical Personnel.
RELEVANT WORKING EXPERIENCE
Relevant working experience in this regard refers to post education work experience. Internship, training, apprenticeship and clerkship will not be considered as relevant work experience. The same will apply for any experience attained before professional certification where relevant.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three referees. Please quote the respective reference number on both on the application letter and envelope. For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Monday, 6th April 2015.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; or have an application letter attached; have certified copies of academic certificates; or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited 10th Floor PPF Tower
Cnr of Ohio Street & Garden Avenue: P O Box 1559 Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania Fax +255(22) 2116379
E-mail: email@example.com www.deloitte.com
Powered by Jobs Tanzania