Tanzania Chamber of Commerce Industry and Agriculture seeks a qualified individual to serve as a Planning and Policy Officer for its Headquarters in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Required Skills and Knowledge
1. A minimum of bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Economics, Planning, business administration or related field
2. Good understanding and knowledge of project development, planning and management
3. Experience and knowledge of the private sector in Tanzania
4. Fluency in both English and Swahili
5. High level of motivation, innovative, personal commitment, and ethical standards
6. Ability to operate independently with minimum supervision, under pressure and emergency situations
7. A pleasant and engaging personality with excellent interpersonal skills and team player
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES
Assist the Executive Director to carry out the following:
1. Coordination of the process to facilitate formulation and production of the following:
(a) Draft long term Development vision and mission for TCCIA.
(b) Draft long-term strategic plan and policy framework program to realize (a) above
(c) Draft Annual Business Plans.
(d) Draft Annual Budgets with clearly itemized expenditure and revenue sources.
(e) Operational Consolidated Annual Master work plan.
2. Monitoring and evaluation of the actual implementation of what is in section 1 (a) – (e) above and preparation of respective monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual Reports.
3. Preparation of documents for all meeting of TCCIA policy Organs and implementation reports for respective decisions.
4. In carrying out the work specified in sections (1) and (2) above, the following issues should be among the major components to be covered:-
(a) TCCIA Chamber needs and Service
(b) TCCIA Network development (Branch and membership)
(c) Long term sustainable sources of revenue
(d) Programs for identification and utilization of business development opportunities
(e) Programs/ projects earmarked to solve business development constraints
(f) Programs geared to Enhancement of advocacy and PPPs including:-
(i) Programs developed within TCCIA AND THE Private Sector.
(ii) Programs developed by government Ministries and institutions.
(iii) Programs developed jointly by the government and Private Sector.
(g) SMEs and Informal Sector development
(h) Chamber Development Programs/projects
(i) Capacity Building of the Chamber as an Institution.
5. Undertake coordination of any work which is crosscutting in Terms of its output mix or input requirements including working with other departments in developing programs and projects
6. Perform any other work as may be assigned by the Executive Director
HOW TO APPLY
The applications should be sent via email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested candidates should submit their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae and their copies of Certificates so as to reach TCCIA office by March 31st, 2015 and addressed to:
Tanzania Chamber of Commerce
Industry and Agriculture
P. O. Box 9713
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania