Our Client, The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, and the Republic of Uganda with its headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Health Research Commission (EAHRC):
OFFICE SECRETARY /ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: Executive Secretary
ORGAN/INSTITUTION: East African Health Research Commission
STATION: Bujumbura, Burundi
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
To provide effective and efficient management and Secretarial services for the smooth running of the East African Health Research Commission (EACHRC).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage the Executive Secretary’s Office and Diary
2. Provide secretarial support services to the staff of the East African Community Health Research Commission (EACHRC)
3. Receive and distribute incoming correspondence and download and route electronic mail of the East African Community Health Research Commission (EACHRC).
4. Type memos, letters, reports and other documents as may be required
5. Arrange meetings, take and prepare meeting minutes, draft letters
6. Design and develop administrative systems and policies of the Initiative
7. Coordinate provision of adequate and equitable allocation of support services (human resource, logistic and administrative support) to the staff of the East African Community Health Research Commission (EACHRC).
8. Maintain and update Human Resources records of the Commission.
9. Supervise the provision of administrative services and logistical support to staff i.e. vehicles and office consumables and welfare
10. Facilitate maintenance of vehicles, office equipment, plant and installations
11. Facilitate timely procurement and delivery of goods, services and works
12. Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Executive Management and Administration of the East African Community Health Research Commission (EACHRC).
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Must have a Diploma in Secretarial Studies. Higher qualification is secretarial training will be an added advantage
2. A post-graduate Diploma or Certificate in Business Administration/Management/Human Resource Management will be an added advantage.
3. Ten years relevant experience, five (5) years of which should have been served in an office of a busy organization
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
1. A working experience of at least five (5) years as an Office Secretary or Office Administrative Assistant in a busy office or organization at national, regional or international level.
2. Self driven individual with ability to work under minimal supervision
3. Proficiency in general computer office applications tools
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Must be fluent in written and spoken English language.
6. Fluency and/or Working knowledge of French and or Kiswahili will be an added advantage.
7. Excellent communication and report writing skills;
8. Ability to work in multicultural environment and to motivate others;
9. Ability to work under pressure and to deliver on the set deadlines
DURATION OF CONTRACT: Five (5) years, renewable.
Duration of Contract: Five (5) years, renewable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
Professional staff positions are tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once, while the general staff positions are tenable for five (5) years renewable until mandatory retirement age of 60 years subject satisfactory conduct and performance.
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System .
All posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognised by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective countries. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective countries. Examples include: Accountants, Auditors, Engineers, Procurement Specialists, and Medical Personnel.
RELEVANT WORKING EXPERIENCE:
Relevant working experience in this regard refers to post education work experience. Internship, training, apprenticeship and clerkship will not be considered as relevant work experience. The same will apply for any experience attained before professional certification where relevant.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three referees. Please quote the respective reference number on both on the application letter and envelope. For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Monday, 6th April 2015.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; or have an application letter attached; have certified copies of academic certificates; or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited 10th Floor PPF Tower
Cnr of Ohio Street & Garden Avenue: P O Box 1559 Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania Fax +255(22) 2116379
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org www.deloitte.com
Powered by Jobs Tanzania