Community Health and Social Welfare Systems Strengthening Program
Position Description: DRIVER
The Community Health and Social Welfare Systems Strengthening (CHSS) Program is a five-year USAID funded cooperative agreement led by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. with consortium partners Initiatives Inc., the National Association of Social Workers, and World Education, Inc. The program will be implemented in 10 regions throughout Tanzania. The purpose of CHSS is to improve the health, well-being, and protection outcomes for HIV affected and other most vulnerable populations through strengthened linkages between the health and social welfare sectors. The guiding principles of CHSS are to promote gender equality, increase efficiencies in the use of resources, expand impact and sustainability, and increase accountability.
Reports to: Office Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam
Driver is a full-time position that will be based in Dar es Salaam Office. The position will serve as primary support in transport for Projects staff and visitors for the implementation of Program activities in Dar es Salaam.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties: Provide transport support to JSI/CHSS staff, visitors and related support activities.
• Drive JSI/CHSS allocated vehicle and observe all road rules and signs according to the required legal and traffic conditions.
• Carry out different inspection of the vehicle before driving such as checking of coolant, oils and other fluids.
• Carry out minor vehicle repairs and other emergency activities such as flat tires during any road breakdowns.
• Update all vehicle documents such as car registration and insurance.
• Maintain a car logbook, fuel and oil requisition book and prepare a logbook summary each day.
• Maintain cleanliness of the motor vehicle.
• Collect and deliver documents, parcels or mails as directed by the supervisor.
• Perform other work related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
• Well-kept and maintained allocated vehicle.
• Transport services provided to project staff and official visitors.
• Observed traffic rules and defensive driving.
• Observe Procurement rules as per JSI/CHSS policies
• Vehicle logbook and other documentation kept up to date
• Accurate and timely delivery of project documents, mails and parcels.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
• Logistics experience, with a focus in one or more of the following areas: Transport / Fleet Management / Mechanics
• Driving License class C
• Basic knowledge in mechanics and vehicle repair and maintenance.
• Good English and Swahili communication skills required.
• Ability to work under pressure and longer hours when periodically required.
• Good teamwork and interpersonal relations.
• Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
• Experience working with NGO will be an added advantage
Mode of Application:
Please send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 3rd, 2015.
JSI – R & T is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
Powered by Jobs Tanzania