RTI is seeking Knowledge Management Specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded Malaria Surveillance and Monitoring (TMSM) project in Tanzania.
The purpose of this project is to reduce the burden of malaria and to move towards the long-term goal of malaria elimination. The Knowledge Management Specialist will provide oversight for all financial and operational aspects of the project.
The position will be based in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Design and implement effective learning activities – in collaboration with other TMSM team members, work with clients to scope and implement appropriate and effective knowledge capture and sharing activities
- Manage knowledge sharing events – in collaboration with USAID, scope and manage the successful execution of knowledge sharing events including monthly seminars/webinars, workshops, conferences, and peer learning sessions
- Attend national and regional conferences in Tanzania and Africa to share findings with partners and others stakeholders
- Identify and curate technical website content – in collaboration with USAID and technical experts, manage and implement project-wide content strategies to ensure that the right knowledge is getting to the right people at the right time (and in the right way)
- Manage website community engagement – Respond to website members in a timely manner and engage them in meaningful knowledge exchange
- Document and share learning – ensure requirements, lessons learned, and best practices for products, events, and other knowledge management activities are clear and documented
- Engage partners and learning champions – work with program managers, project partners, and learning champions to expand various TMSM online/in-person learning activities including engaging the growing member base on project websites, collaborating with external partners, and contributing content
- Work collaboratively with peers – work within the MERLA team and also closely with other TMSM teams including communications, web development, training, and assessing and learning to ensure alignment and cohesion
- Think outside the box – identify and share more creative, efficient and effective ways to engage audiences and facilitate sharing and collaboration
- Ensure that quality work is delivered on time
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of experience or Master’s degree with 3+ years of experience (preferred) in knowledge management, organizational learning, public health, international development, international affairs, or a relevant advanced degree
- Demonstrated understanding of knowledge management principles and capacity to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning activities
- Experience in economic development as it relates to international development issues and approaches
- Experience and knowledge of USAID highly preferred
- Demonstrated interest in and capacity to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning programs
- Ability to link content development and engagement strategies that facilitate timely, useful delivery of information through project learning platforms and activities
- Demonstrated interest and experience in international development, especially USAID programs (overseas experience a plus)
- Excellent facilitation, program/activity management, and written and oral communication skills
- Creative problem-solving and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude
Please send your CV to recruitGH@rti.org.
PLEASE Write on the Subject line of your email: Knowledge Management Specialist- Tanzania
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. This position is contingent upon award and funding. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania