Organization: Feed the Children
Country: Kenya, Malawi, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 07 Apr 2015
****Position: Regional Child Sponsorship Coordinator, Africa****
****Reporting to: Regional Director and Director, Global Child Development Operations (US Office)****
****Line Managing: Child Sponsorship Country Coordinators and Project Assistants****
Terminology: Child Sponsorship (CHSP) refers to all tasks related to enrolling children into the child sponsorship activity and the necessary activities needed to maintain those sponsorships. Child-Focused Community Development (CFCD) refers to the in-country program framework within which child development/sponsorship is carried-out across our country programs.
The Regional Child Sponsorship Coordinator, Africa will be responsible for coordinating all child sponsorship activities for Feed the Children (FEED) in the region (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania & Malawi) offering technical support and managing sponsorship activities in the communities under Feed the Children programs in the region. This position also plays a critical role to ensure the well-being of sponsored children under FEED required standards, as well as proper and accurate data documentation of sponsored children in line with set organizational standards.
This position provides front-line support to coordination of CHSP activities with program services such as nutrition or education services (these services themselves are managed under the CFCD framework of Feed the Children) in collaboration with the Program Impact Department (PID).
This role is responsible for maintaining cohesive working relationships between country offices, regional staff, International Operations department and International Child Development department (US Office).
- Develop regional targets for child sponsorship activities in the region.
- Coordinate sponsorship strategies into practical plans for the region in liaison with US Office
- Maintain regular communication with head office by reporting on regional targets, projections, processes and outcomes.
- Oversee adherence to standard policies and procedures on enrolling and recruiting of children into the program.
- Ensure that country child sponsorship coordinators provide required reports and documentation related to child enrolment and sponsor cultivation activities.
- Ensure regional sponsorship team and committees are well trained on preferred practices, including facilitation, awareness creating, mentoring about the activity to relevant stakeholders. (alternate phrases – community entry & mobilization, sensitization of local leaders and parents)
- Regular report preparation and updates on the status of child sponsorship activities in all countries within the region.
- Ensure all data collected is analysed and is available for program planning.
- Conduct M&E and document reports on performance of the activity for reference with other activities in the region.
- Supervise, coach and mentor country staff involved in child sponsorship.
- Manage communication between sponsored children, sponsors and FEED office
- Custodian of sponsored children documents.
- Give input to overall budget forecasting for the country and regional child sponsorship plans and activities.
- Provide regular updates at the office and at official gatherings on sponsorship activities.
- Profiling beneficiary stories for new children in the program and updating their progress in the program.
- Respond effectively to sponsor queries whenever they arise.
- Communicate effectively, timely and accurately with project staff and beneficiaries.
- Constant communication with coordinators of sponsorship projects in country offices.
- Assume other official duties that may be assigned.
- Degree in Social sciences or related field Masters will be an added advantage.
- Three years’ experience working in child sponsorship projects.
- Excellent computer skills in databases, spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with cross-cultural teams.
- Mature and sociable personality with a passion for serving children in need.
- Self-motivated individual who works with minimum or no supervision.
- Willingness to travel regularly within project sites.
- Good coordination, analytical and problem–solving skills.
- Committed to the mission of Feed the Children and to the organizational child protection policies and procedures.
How to apply:
If you meet the requirements mentioned above, please send your application and detailed C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7th April 2015; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania