Community Health and Social Welfare Systems Strengthening Program
The Community Health and Social Welfare Systems Strengthening (CHSS) Program is a five-year USAID funded cooperative agreement led by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. with consortium partners Initiatives Inc., the National Association of Social Workers, and World Education, Inc. The program will be implemented in 10 regions throughout Tanzania. The purpose of CHSS is to improve the health, well-being, and protection outcomes for HIV affected and other most vulnerable populations through strengthened linkages between the health and social welfare sectors. The guiding principles of CHSS are to promote gender equality, increase efficiencies in the use of resources, expand impact and sustainability, and increase accountability.
Position: Regional Director (5 Position)
Reports to: Chief of Party
Location: Njombe, Mbeya, Rukwa, Tabora, Pwani
The Regional Director is a full-time position that will be based in one of the regional Offices in Njombe, Mbeya, Rukwa, Tabora and Pwani. The position will serve as the technical and management officer within the region, providing leadership and coordination in strategic planning, program development and management, and overseeing the implementation of activities within the region. S/he will report to the Chief of Party and works closely with the technical team, CHSS partners and other stakeholders in CHSS areas of operation.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties: Working closely with the CHSS and partners, the Regional Director will:
• Oversee CHSS program implementation in the region;
• On behalf of CHSS management liaise with Regional Secretariat (RAS) offices, CSO’s and LGA’s with CHSS interventions;
• Manage and lead a number of regional office CHSS staff including Social Welfare Officer, Community Health Officer, Capacity Building Officer, M&E Officer, Finance and Administration Manager, System Strengthening Officer and Civil Society Engagement Officer;
• Support and work with national level office staff in guiding and providing technical information insuring appropriate interventions consistent within the area of proximity;
• Work closely with Civil Society Capacity Development and Engagement Team and the Social and Community Health Team in interpreting health and welfare related policies and supporting the Health and Welfare workforce in the region;
• In collaboration with regional team, design promising health and welfare models, supporting their replications and coordination;
• Identify CHSS implementation challenges and work with the regional team and CSO’s to design and implement advocacy strategies in lines with National level CHSS Advocacy;
• Coordinate CHSS program interventions regionally aiming at strengthening community health and welfare systems, including CSO’s capacity building ;
• Organize and lead CHSS sensitization and dissemination meetings at regional and LGA levels;
• Produce regional comprehensive activity reports and updates to the national CHSS senior management team;
• In collaboration with the M&E team, monitor and identify regional implementation gaps and do immediate adjustments consistent with CHSS technical approaches and principles;
• Advise CHSS national office on an appropriate way to manage matters arising from implementation of various activities in a region;
• Oversee CHSS regional financial and material resources; and
• Perform other duties consistent with the role and responsibilities of the position.
• Master’s degree in Social Sciences (preferably Social Work, Public Health, Sociology or Community Development);
• Experience in managing independent field office and staff;
• A least five years’ experience of working with the regional government, LGA and Civil Society;
• More than three years’ experience in working with the community, NGOs in capacity building and advocacy related activities;
• Experience in public health programs, social work, child protection or case management;
• Experience developing/working within a referrals network or facilitating community linkages supporting health or social services for vulnerable populations;
• Knowledgeable and familiar with national policies related to public health, social welfare, HIV and AIDS, Child protection, MVC and other vulnerable populations;
• Creative and has capacity to work independently;
• Fluent in English and Kiswahili; and
• Good interpersonal skills.
Mode of Application:
Please send your application letter (please specify your preferred region in the subject) and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 3rd, 2015.
JSI – R & T is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
Powered by Jobs Tanzania