CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST – Leadership coaches
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation intends to run a 6-month long leadership enhancement programme for leaders of capacity development organisations and social enterprises active in the agriculture, renewable energy, and water & sanitation sectors in Tanzania. The overall objective of the programme is to strengthen the intrinsic capacity of local Capacity Development Support (CDS) providers so that they can provide Capacity Development Support in a professional and financially sustainable manner, through a leadership development and support programme with a practical orientation for professionals who are – or who work in the spirit of – market based social entrepreneurship, and who have the potential to run a local CDS.
The focus of the leadership programme is on strengthening the competency, capability and capacity of leaders to come up with a viable business proposition, to run a business case with a strong emphasis on sustainability and innovation. Attention is being paid to managerial skills of leaders that are related to the main (perceived) outcome of the programme: more sustainable businesses, reinforced products and services and an improved enabling environment. This primary focus is embedded in two other foci of the programme: attention for the dimension of personal leadership (self-awareness and self-development) and societal leadership position of the organisation in the broader context. The programme consists of formal training sessions, individual coaching sessions, and accompaniment by SNV advisors.
This call for EoI relates to the individual coaching aspect aimed at personal leadership development. SNV Tanzania is looking for qualified coaches to support the leaders of a select group of (5-10) local CDS organisations to reflect upon, learn and adapt their own professional personal leadership style. The coachee and coach will operate in a 1:1 setting and concentrate mainly on behaviour aspects of leadership development of the coachee.
The profile of the coach is expected to resemble the following:
1) Extensive experience with a non-directive approach of coaching professionals (i.e. ability to structure sessions; create rapport; listen and reflect back; create flow by asking open, powerful questions; stimulate commitment to action);
2) Extensive knowledge of non-directive approaches of coaching professionals;
3) Preferably knowledge of and experience with Capacity Development Support;
4) Preferably knowledge of and experience with development issues at stake within the Tanzanian context;
5) Preferably knowledge and experience in the field of international cooperation and/or social business in general and with regard to SNV in particular;
6) Excellent command of the English language, oral and written;
7) An academic level of working and thinking;
8) Competencies include: ability to listen, summarise and probe further, to inspire and encourage others (to get the best out of people), personal sensitivity, creativity.
Interested and eligible parties (organisations or individuals) are herewith requested to submit their EoI, accompanied with an organisational profile, references, and CVs of proposed coaches, by email to the Country Human Resources Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org). Physical address; SNV Tanzania, Plot 1124 Chole Road, Masaki, Dar es Salaam.
Deadline Saturday, April 4th 2015.
Saturday, April 4, 2015
Type of contract:
Powered by Jobs Tanzania