Natural Resources Management for Local Economic Development Kigoma
• NTA Gender and Governance
• NTA GIS and Village Land Use Planning
• NTA Communication, Education and Public Awareness
Duty Station: Kigoma
The Belgian Development Agency, BTC, mobilizes its resources and its expertise to eliminate poverty in the world. BTC contributes to the efforts of the international community and works towards a society that provides present and future generations with sufficient resources to build a sustainable and fair world.
The NRM4LED project aims at increased benefits for the communities of selected landscapes in Kigoma Region through an improved enabling environment and strengthened capacities for sustainable management of Natural Resources (NR) linked to an equitable Local Economic Development. The direct beneficiaries of the project are the local users of NR in selected landscapes; Local, and Regional Government Authorities, Non-state service providers and the Private sector, who associate themselves with the project implementation through partnerships in order to improve their management of Natural Resources in interaction with community partners.
The 5-year project started in September 2014. The project’s central coordination team is based at the Kigoma Regional Secretariat, led by a Project manager from RS office and a BTC employed International Technical Advisor as co-manager. The coordination team will further comprise of 7 BTC employed local Technical Advisors, four of which will be stationed in at the RS and three at district levels, and supporting staff. Now, BTC seeks to recruit for the three above mentioned nationally recruited Technical Advisors for the Project Implementation Unit (PIU)
Expected starting date: 15th May 2015; Duration: 3-4 years
Basic Functions and Responsibilities:
The NTAs are employed by the BTC Resident Representative (represented by the project co-manager).The NTAs are members of the PIU and are under the leadership of the Project Manager and Co-Manager with the following responsibilities:
1. Gender & Governance: responsible to develop the project’s thematic strategy in gender and governance; formulate, implement, monitor and evaluate activities on the thematic areas of governance and gender. It includes also the capacity development and awareness raising to all project stakeholders on the issues related to gender and governance.
2. GIS & Land Use planning: responsible to develop the project’s thematic strategy in Land use planning, remote sensing, and GIS development; contribute to the production of associated CEPA materials,manuals, toolkits and training programs on Land Use Planning and CBNRM, and to guide capacity building at all levels. The TA has a key role in assisting project implementation at all levels.
3. CEPA responsible to develop the project’s thematic CEPA strategy, associated CEPA materials, manuals, toolkits and training programs on CEPA and CBNRM, and guide the implementation and capacity building at all levels.
Of particular relevance for all three advisors is practical experience related to the successful implementation of community based natural resources management.
Detailed Terms of Reference for each of the positions can be viewed at https://btctanzania.wordpress.com/;
Deadline for applications is 4.00 pm on Wednesday 8th April 2015 and applications must include: 1. Max.
1 page signed cover letter explaining why you consider yourself to be the best fit for the position, 2. a CV indicating your relevant skills and experiences, and 3 copies of relevant certificates. Please send applications by registered mail to “NRM-LED Project, PO Box 24 Kigoma. Attention: Project Manager; or email (max. 2 MB) to email@example.com. Letters and emails should clearly indicate which position you are applying for on the envelope; for emails: in the Subject line. Late applications will not be considered. Only short listed applicants will be notified.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania