Price water house Coopers Limited. All rights reserved. In this document, “PwC” refers to PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited which is a member firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited, each member firm of which is a separate legal entity.
Looking for a Health and Safety Coordinator On behalf of our client, we seek to recruit a highly competent, motivated and professional individual to fill the position of Health and Safety Coordinator.
Overall Job Purpose:
Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, the Health and Safety Coordinator will be responsible for planning, establishing, implementing and maintaining a variety of Health, Safety and Environmental programs to ensure the highest possible degree of Health, Safety and Environmental performance by all site personnel.
The position holder provides full time Health, Safety and Environmental support to the operations and ensure that all practices are in compliance with Company and Tanzanian Health, Safety and Environmental regulatory requirements.
Key Duties and responsibilities
1. Facilitate acquisition of statutory compliance certificates by ensuring inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and deficiencies corrected
2. Timely closure of actions and submission of the group reports and other required authorities
3. Ensure all fees and charges are paid on time to the government authorities
4. Perform and contribute to implementation of site training plans
5. Management of the waste water ponds, bioremediation facility and oil interceptors within the plant
6. Ensure development and implementation of the quarries rehabilitation plans and mine closure plans
7. Champions the wellness programme and peer education forums in the plant
8. Coordinate implementation of WASH programme in the Company
9. Conduct safety inspections and toolbox talks to the employees to mitigate occurrence of avoidable accidents
Key Qualifications and experience
The successful candidate must have at least three years’ experience in a fast-paced organisation.
S/he should have a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
1. Good knowledge of occupational health and safety and Industrial Labor law
2. Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills
3. Computer literacy
4. Human resources management skills
5. Root Cause Analysis skills
6. Knowledge of fire protection and prevention
7. Leadership skills
8. Good communication skills, presentation, analytical and interpersonal skills
9. Good teamwork skills
10. Able to work under minimum supervision
11. Performance oriented
12. Ability to work under pressure
Interested candidates are advised to visit our website for a more detailed job description and
qualifications, and apply online at http://www.pwc.com/ke/en/services/advisory/executive-search.html
Send your application to reach us by Friday, 12 February, 2018.
In addition please attach a curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications,
experience and positions held relevant to this role. Include your day and evening telephone
numbers, email address, names and address of three professional referees.
Canvassing in any form is not allowed.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania