Reporting to the Head of Investment Banking, the Head of Brokerage will lead the Bank’s brokerage business, drive revenue growth, volumes, profitability and create competitive advantage.
- Develop and implement long and short term strategies for the brokerage business including preparation of business plans and annual budgets
- Achieve business targets in terms of volumes, market share and profits across all business segments
- Responsible for maintaining the leadership position of Bank brokerage business in terms of market share, volumes, profits and ensure continuous growth.
- Plan and implement the development of the brokerage business to foreign/ domestic institutions, corporate bodies and High Net Worth (HNW) individuals
- Be the primary contact/ focal point with Foreign Institutional Investors and build a strong foreign institutional customer base
- Plan and lead the development of new service delivery channels and other tie-ups to enhance market share
- Leverage synergies from the existing cross-border investments of the and spearhead expansion into the region
- Maintain and develop excellent relationships with important customers
- Formulate & review training programs and the on-going product/ other relevant refreshers for the brokerage team
- Ensure compliance in line with the Banks policies, standards and all statutory regulations.
- Lead, manage, coach, develop and inspire direct/indirect reporting team.
For the above position, the successful applicants should have the following minimum qualifications: –
- A holder of a degree from an institution recognized by Commission for University Education. An MBA or Master’s degree or relevant professional qualifications in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Have at least 8 years management experience in brokerage in a major financial institution or a brokerage house and must have:
- Experience in Brokerage transactions and equity trading.
- Experience Client relationship and contacts
- Experience in Team management
- Experience in deal origination and marketing would be desirable.
- Comprehensive understanding of the brokerage function, market offerings products and services
- Should have a thorough knowledge of Banking products, services and the financial services Industry.
- Should have excellent, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to positively and clearly communicate with a variety of constituents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish new client relationships and generate new business.
- Excellent planning, problem solving and analytical skills
- Should have strong leadership skills.
The above position is demanding for which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered your application must be received by March 27, 2015.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
JOB REF: CBOK 04/2015
Powered by Jobs Tanzania