Organization: African Institute for Mathematical Sciences
Country: Ghana, South Africa, United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 10 Apr 2015
We’re transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances and breakthrough discoveries!
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS, www.nexteinstein.org) is a pan-African network of centres of excellence for postgraduate training, research and outreach in mathematical sciences. Its mission is to enable Africa’s brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers and innovators capable of propelling Africa’s future scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency. The first AIMS centre opened in Cape Town, South Africa in 2003; since 2011, AIMS has opened additional centres in Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon and Tanzania. The goal of the AIMS Next Einstein Initiative (AIMS-NEI) is to build a pan-African network of 15 centres of excellence across the continent by 2023.
The MasterCard Foundation (MCF) Scholars Program at AIMS is a new, five year, US $25 million program that will increase the number of African Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) scholars, particularly women, leading technological innovations that can address development challenges and drive wealth creation in Africa. The MCF Scholars Program is a ten-year, $500 million education initiative that will provide over 17,000 academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people from developing countries – particularly from Africa – with access to quality and relevant secondary and university education.
If you bring a collaborative spirit with a passion to affect change, consider these new opportunities as our…
Program Manager, AIMS Ghana
Program Manager, AIMS South Africa
Program Manager, AIMS Tanzania
Reporting to the Centre Chief Operating Officer and working closely with the Director, Africa Development Agenda at the AIMS Next Einstein Initiative Secretariat, the Program Manager’s overall responsibility will be to coordinate all the day to day programmatic activities of The MasterCard Foundation (MCF) Scholars Program and other programs at the respective AIMS centre. The Program Manager will work with a multicultural team at the AIMS Centre to provide operational leadership and oversight in planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the Programs in the field ensuring quality and timely delivery of all Programs to meet its objectives.
You have a high degree of comfort managing results-based programs at the ground level with the honed ability to apply sound judgement to thoughtfully address and solve problems in the moment. You recognize the value of and you are dedicated to an inclusive, collaborative approach with a natural ability to strike, nurture and maintain effective relationships at all levels across the organization. And, you are self-managed to stay the course, managing multiple priorities to meet both internal and external stakeholder expectations.
This is a 3-year, full time contract opportunity based from the AIMS Centres in Ghana, South Africa and Tanzania.
Do you have what we need?
• Master’s degree in development, project management or related social sciences or education
• Minimum of 7 years professional experience in program and budget management including management of day to day implementation of program activities
• High degree of comfort in Results Based Management, M&E and reporting
• Ability to make decisions and exercises good judgement providing solutions to challenges experienced while implementing programs
• Excellent facilitation and communication skills in English and French, both oral and written
• Results driven and motivated by a high sense of performance excellence and a sense of urgency
• Ability to set and achieve clear objectives and deadlines
• Flexible, intellectually curious and creative;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work in multicultural teams and interact effectively with multi-cultural/racial/able students, staff and the public;
• An appreciation of/training in gender equity and equality;
• Good understanding and/or experience in the area of education and development in Africa, with a strong focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) education;
• Entrepreneurial, self-starter who enjoys a dynamic work environment;
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Internet applications (Skype, Gmail, etc.)
• Eligible to work in any of the following countries: Ghana, South Africa, Tanzania
How to apply:
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation?
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations and a detailed CV, together as one document to: email@example.com**(Please quote “**Program Manager—GA/SA/TNZ**” in the subject line). Applications will be accepted until April 10, 2015.**
Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania