On behalf of a beautiful lodge in Arusha, Outstanding Solutions is looking for an Executive Housekeeper who will ensure high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained in both the rooms and the public areas of the lodge; exceeding our guests’ expectations whilst achieving the objectives of the company.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Interact with guests in a courteous, polite and helpful manner.
- Display a high level of guest concern and customer care at all times.
- Attain knowledge of services and amenities offered by the Lodge and surrounding community.
- Perform quality inspections throughout the hotel checking all the rooms, public areas and gardens to ensure the highest levels of hygiene.
- Management of the human resources of the housekeeping team namely hiring, training, providing performance evaluations and schedule needed staff to cover shifts.
- Responsible for maintaining Housekeeping inventory supplies and amenities ensuring that they are within the budget allocated.
- Deal with housekeeping related complaints from both staff and guests.
- Communicate with other Heads of Department to ensure that quality standards are met throughout the hotel.
- To ensure that health and safety standards knowledge is taught to the team as well as the use of machinery and chemicals in all sections of the Housekeeping department.
- Preparation of Standard Operating Procedures to be used in the department.
- At times will be required to step in and assist in room attendant/ Laundry or Public area attendant duties whenever staff is unwell or there is a lot of work pressure.
- Manage the storage and handling of lost and found property.
- Complete special projects assigned by management.
- Participate in team meetings and lodge briefings.
- To continually contribute towards the achievement of the Housekeeping team’s objectives and organisation’s goals.
- Attend regular appraisal meetings.
- Participate in a continuous training programme.
- Attend on and off site skills training.
- To participate in assessment and evaluation processes, reviewing your progress towards achieving your personal objectives.
- English language proficiency
- Five year work experience or more
- Ability to work flexible and if needed long hours
- Organisation skills
- Time management skills
- Critical thinking to recognize problems and identify solutions
- Managerial skills to oversee others
Applicants should send the CV, application letter with three refrences from their previous work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 16th March 2018
You can also get to know 50 COMMON INTERVIEW QUESTIONS with Answers Or How to write a good career objective in your CV and How to write a perfect job application letter
Powered by Jobs Tanzania