Looking for an Environmental Officer
On behalf of our client, we seek to recruit a highly competent, motivated and professional individual to fill the position of Environmental Officer.
Overall Job Purpose:
Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, the Environmental Officer will be responsible for the daily operations of the environmental section in the company by monitoring the key environmental indicators. The job holder will be required to manage, develop, maintain and coordinate various environmental programmes for sustainable development.
Key Duties and responsibilities
1. Identify and review any potential environmental compliance issue arising from the daily analysis and dealing with it effectively
2. Ensure regular site inspections and environmental sampling and analysis is carried out
3. Collect data and prepare initial environmental report and tracking performance against environmental key performance indicators
4. Assist in maintaining the ISO 14001 by monitoring key areas and conduct audits
5. Ensure all environmental checks are recorded and maintained as per environmental requirements
6. Create safety plans that include suggested improvements to existing infrastructure and processes
7. Adhere to company health and safety goals and meet all the Health and Safety KPIs
8. Review and report on the staff compliance with health and safety rules and recommend on their performance
Key Qualifications and experience
- The successful candidate must have at least two years’ experience in a fast-paced organisation.
- S/he should have a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
1. Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills
2. Computer literacy
3. Knowledge of fire protection and prevention
4. Basic knowledge on ISO 14001
5. Performance oriented
6. Good communication skills, presentation, analytical and interpersonal skills
7. Good teamwork skills
8. Able to work under minimum supervision
9. Ability to work under pressure
Interested candidates are advised to visit our website for a more detailed job description and qualifications, and apply online at http://www.pwc.com/ke/en/services/advisory/executive-search.html
Send your application to reach us by Friday, 12 February, 2018.
In addition please attach a curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to this role. Include your day and evening telephone numbers, email address, names and address of three professional referees.
Canvassing in any form is not allowed.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania