Organisational Unit/Department: CO- Dar es Salaam
Technical Responsible Unit/Department: DWT/CO-Pretoria
Technical Cooperation Programme: United Nations Development Assistance Plan (UNDAP II)
Centralised or Decentralised Project:Decentralised
Position (Title): National Programme Coordinator – Economic Growth and Employment
Duty Station: Dar es salaam, Tanzania
Type of contract (SST, ST or FT): FT
Source of funding (TC, PSI or RBSA): TC
Duration: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
general information about the context in which the official will work
The United Nations Development Assistance Plan (UNDAP II) is a successor business plan of 20 UN agencies, funds and programmes in Tanzania for the period 2016-2021. The five-year plan supports the achievement of the international development goals including the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), national development priorities including the FYDP II, and the realization of international obligations including human rights. The programme focuses on strengthening country systems, policies and processes for the fulfilment of human rights and pro-poor growth. Four Thematic Results Groups (TRGs) have been established including on Sustainable and equitable Growth; Democratic Governance, Human Rights and Gender Equality; Healthy Nation and Resilience. In addition, there is the Zanzibar Coordination Group.
The TRGs are the interagency groups responsible for the coordination of the implementation of the agreed twelve (12) UNDAP II outcomes. The ILO is leading the Sustainable and Equitable Growth TRG and the Outcome group on Inclusive Growth and Employment within the framework of the decent work agenda and decent work country programme. ILO social partners contributed in the development of the UNDAP II and will play a key role in its management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the programme for the next five years.
The ILO would like to recruit a National Programme Coordinator who will be responsible for consolidating ILO’s response on Economic Growth and Employment Outcome Group and implement the ILO components in line with related Country Programme Outcomes (CPOs).
The National Programme Coordinator – Economic Growth and Employment (EGE) will work closely with the Development Cooperation CTAs and NPCs, the Programme Unit, DWST in Pretoria and relevant technical departments in Geneva. The incumbent will report to the EGE Outcome Group Lead.
Summary of Main Duties and Responsibilities
i. Monitor employment and decent work trends in Tanzania on a continuous basis, especially on the role of enterprise development;
ii. Assess and advice on the policy landscape in the country and its implication on enterprise development, cooperatives and women economic empowerment;
iii. Support the operationalization of the SME related policies and action plans;
iv. Develop partnerships with line ministries, private sector and business organizations, social partners, other UN agencies, financial institutions as well as civil society organizations, including youth organizations working to implement and evaluate ILO programme on enterprise development;
v. Build the capacity of national implementing partners and support them in the development of programme activities in enterprise development related issues;
vi. Conduct training seminars, workshops and meetings as well as leading and guiding the development of manuals and training guides on sustainable enterprise development;
vii. Resource mobilization and Partnership, including ILO with constituents;
viii. Perform other tasks related to project objectives as requested by the ILO Country Director.
- Education, language, experience and competences
- Education – Advanced university degree in Economics, Market System Analysis, or Social Science, International Studies or other relevant field.
- Experience – Candidate should have at least five years’ professional and hands-on experience, at the national or international level, in design, monitoring and evaluation of multi-stakeholder projects in the areas of youth or women entrepreneurship, enterprise development and cooperative development. Knowledge about the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Delivering as One (DaO) and technical expertise in value chain development would be an advantage. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems is also an advantage.
- Languages – Excellent command of English and Swahili.
- Competencies – Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for formulation, administration and evaluation of projects; Good knowledge of programme and budget, project formulation, administration and evaluation techniques and practices; Demonstrated ability to consult, negotiate and work with multiple partners, including government, social partners and UN agencies and to foster cooperation and effective networks; Demonstrated ability to organise and facilitate meetings and workshops, good public speaking skills; Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural team, good interpersonal skills; Demonstrated ability in gender mainstreaming will be an added advantage; and Good command of computer application skills.
Interested candidates with requisite qualifications and experience should submit their applications including updated curriculum vitae, certified relevant certificates and one page cover letter addressed to ILO Country Director, P.O. Box 9212, Dar es Salaam.
All applications should be sent online through email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application for National Programme Coordinator – Economic Growth and Employment” before 16 March 2018.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Assessed candidates who will be considered as appointable but not selected for this position, can also be offered to be assigned on another position at the same or at a lower grade provided that said candidates possesses the minimum qualifications for this position.
For more information refer to http://www.ilo.org/daressalaam
ILO is an equal Opportunity Organization
Powered by Jobs Tanzania