Reporting to the Legal Documentation Manager, the Documentation Manager will manage documentation and security perfection process for Retail and Mortgage business ensuring all securities taken are adequate and meet the legal and regulatory threshold, in line with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Provide point of reference to Business teams on legal issues pertaining to loan documentation and manage conveyancing activities.
- Drafting and issuance of facility letters, modifications, rescheduling and renewals upon receipt of duly approved credit approvals; observing agreed timelines and high standards of accuracy within applicable Law, Bank policies and regulations.
- Offer day to day legal and technical advice to Business and Credit teams before, during and after appraisal of Credit facilities on structuring of credit facilities and securities resulting to cost effective and legally compliant security models.
- Manage vetting and/or review of security documents for completeness and clarity ensuring that Legal Risks are anticipated and adequately covered and that drafts received comply with Bank standards within agreed timelines.
- Continuously engage with external Lawyers and other service providers on security documentation process ensuring that security documents and other conditions have been perfected/ completed within the agreed TAT, prior to drawdown of facilities.
- Issuance of Compliance Certificates for purposes of disbursement of loan facilities upon confirmation that all collateral and non -collateral requirements as per the management and/or Board Credit committee approvals have been fully complied with and Bank’s interest fully protected.
- Maintain MIS with respect to TAT, exceptions and security movement required for tracking of documents, performance and exceptions to ensure follow up of the exceptions and or deferral granted by Credit are fully resolved and all securities called for in approvals are duly perfected and received .
- Conduct continuous training and engagement with the Business team and other stakeholders on legal issues pertaining security instruments and how to operationalize them to ensure they are within applicable Law, Bank policies and regulations.
- Monitoring changes in Laws and Case Law to ensure that the Bank’s security documents are up to date and comply with those changes and advise Business units on changes and how to manage any risks posed.
- Negotiate terms of service, Bank to Bank undertaking terms from other financier to ensure the terms can be fully complied with and the Bank’s position is protected and follow up to ensure compliance with the terms to avoid exposing the Bank to legal suit, reputation risk and financial loss.
Qualifications and Requirements
For the above position, the successful applicants should have:
- Bachelors’ degree in Law from an institution recognized by the Commission for University Education; Post Graduate Diploma in Law from Kenya School of Law
- Legal practicing license is required
- Masters of Law or Master’s Degree is added advantage
- 4 years’ experience in Legal Practice; 3 of which must have been experience acquired Post Admission to the Bar.
- 2 years’ experience in Credit and Legal documentation
- Team leadership skills.
- Persuasive oral and written communication skills
- Great Interpersonal skills
- Strong Relationship Management, Planning and Organizing skills
- Commercial awareness
The above position is demanding for which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com
To be considered your application must be received by March 27, 2015.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
JOB REF: CS 01/2015
Powered by Jobs Tanzania