Reporting to the Commissioner of Tax Investigations, the job holder will be responsible for assisting in all matters related to the management of Tax Investigations Operations. He/she will oversee and execute comprehensive program towards accomplishing the tax investigation objectives, processes and the Authority’s policies and plans.
The key responsibilities of the position will include:
- Preparing and managing the annual plan and budget of the department and monitoring its implementation;
- Directing and assigning plans to investigative Zones and TRA Zanzibar Office;
- Carrying out operational review on tax investigation activities;
- Reviewing prosecution recommendations submitted by Zonal offices;
- Reviewing investigation cases submitted by Zonal offices and TRA Zanzibar Office;
- Identifying operational deficiencies in criminal investigations and give recommendations;
- Coordinating evaluations, activities, investigative needs and administrative matters;
- Preparing periodic operational performance reports; and
- Performing other duties assigned by Supervisor
Key qualifications, experience and competences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or equivalent;
- Master’s Degree in Tax Management, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or its equivalent from a recognised University/Higher Learning Institution;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification or its equivalent from a recognised institution;
- A Post-graduate Diploma in Tax Management or its equivalent will be an added advantage and knowledge in Investigative policies, procedures and techniques, surveillance and forensic sciences will be added advantage;
- Eight (8) years’ work experience four (4) of which must be in a managerial position
- Knowledge of local and regional technical tax matters as well as tax laws;
- Excellent analytical and budgeting skills;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop team work;
- Demonstrated ability to manage change in a reputable large size organisation;
- Effective communication skills coupled with the ability to effectively network with stakeholders.
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three (3) referees to the address below. Kindly quote the Reference Number in your application letter.
The Authority reserves the right not to make any appointments as a result of the selection process. An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the role will be offered to the successful candidate.
All applications should be submitted to the address below not later than 15.00 hrs on 25th March 2015.
THE COMMISSIONER GENERAL,
TANZANIA REVENUE AUTHORITY,
P. O. BOX 11491,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania