Reporting to the Commissioner of Domestic Revenue, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting in provision of leadership and management of the operational services of the department. He/she shall be responsible for managing the department including developing operational plans, objectives, performance standards and feedback mechanisms for optimising revenue collection.
The key responsibilities of the position will include:
- Coordinating and managing development and implementation of operational services and budget;
- Establishing the revenue targets by tax, function, and region;
- Coordinating the accounting for revenue collection of the department;
- Establishing departmental programs and approve regional and divisional workload;
- Coordinating availability and use of allocated resources;
- Managing the development and implementation of strategies, operational policies, standards and procedures covering tax audit, compliance monitoring, collection enforcement and revenue accounting;
- Monitoring revenue collections against set target and provide recommendations;
- Monitoring performance of sections and provide day-to-day support and guidance on regional management issues and the human resources development in the department;
- Managing day-to-day administrative work such as approval of payment vouchers and signing of cheques; and
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
Key qualifications, experience and competences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or equivalent from a recognised University/Higher Learning Institution.
- Master’s Degree in Tax Management, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or its equivalent from a recognised University/Higher Learning Institution;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification or its equivalent from a recognised institution;
- A Post-graduate Diploma in Tax Management or its equivalent will be an added advantage;
- Eight (8) years’ work experience four (4) of which must be in a managerial position
- Knowledge of local and regional technical tax matters as well as tax laws;
- Excellent analytical and budgeting skills;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop team work;
- Demonstrated ability to manage change in a reputable large size organisation;
- Effective communication skills coupled with the ability to effectively network with stakeholders.
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three (3) referees to the address below. Kindly quote the Reference Number in your application letter.
The Authority reserves the right not to make any appointments as a result of the selection process. An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the role will be offered to the successful candidate.
All applications should be submitted to the address below not later than 15.00 hrs on 25th March 2015.
THE COMMISSIONER GENERAL,
TANZANIA REVENUE AUTHORITY,
P. O. BOX 11491,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania