Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across six (6) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Burundi.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region – and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
We are seeking to recruit Associates/Analysts in our Audit, Tax or Advisory departments in Kenya, focusing on the following responsibilities:
- Ensure availability of accurate and timely data on assigned tasks as required including using available knowledge sources optimally.
- Ensure assigned work is completed within agreed time frames and carried out as per approved methodologies and standards and within agreed budgets.
- Learn and apply Deloitte standards, procedures and methodologies on assignments.
- Assist in developing recommendations for corrective action/improvement.
- Keep the engagement managers and seniors/ consultants updated on any issues arising from the assignment.
- Ensure that all client working papers are filed as per approved guidelines and all client files are continually updated.
- Develop and manage good client relations producing outputs which meet client and Firm expectations/standards.
- Keep abreast with technical developments in the profession and the country in order to anticipate client needs, and offer value added and practical business solutions.
- Leverage knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the department.
- Any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time.
As the ideal team player, you should possess the following attributes:
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Have at least a Second Class Honours degree, Upper Division;
- Have at least a B plus (+) aggregate score in KCSE (or its equivalent);
- Have at least a B (+) plus (or equivalent grade) in both Mathematics and English;
- Be interested in pursuing a career in Audit, Tax or Advisory;
- Demonstrate strong communication, numerical and analytical skills;
- Be willing to work under supervision and learn new skills quickly; and
- Be results oriented and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Prior experience in this kind of work is not a requirement for this position.
- Successful candidates will be required to pursue a professional accounting course, which will be financed by the firm.
- Those already undertaking studies in professional courses e.g. CPA/ACCA will have an added advantage
Compensation package: To the successful candidates, the firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energised team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working as one, producing results and enjoying it.
Training and Development: Consistent with Deloitte Global Firm initiatives, we offer innovative, market-driven learning programs to develop our people and grow their careers.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: www.careers.deloitte.com/jobs
Closing date: 30 April 2015
Powered by Jobs Tanzania