African Barrick Gold’s seeks to employ an experienced Cost Engineer based at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine in Tanzania. This role reports to the Capital Projects Manager and the role holder will be responsible to ensure effective execution of capital projects by controlling cost, capital estimate, cash flow forecasting and claims adjudication. In addition, the incumbent will calculate earned value versus spent, manage change management, forecast cost at completion and apply financial governance.
The work roster is six weeks on and three weeks off.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• To manage cost in accordance with the cost management plan
• To predict cost trends, measure and report via CPI
• To implement and perform formal change management and trending
• Cash flow forecasting
• Financial governance
• Calculate earned value
• Financial modeling
• Create and maintain the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
• A Financial Degree will be preferred
• Project Management (PM Bok or similar) Certificate
• Certificate in Earned Value Management
• Certificate in Financial Modeling
• Any safety training and/or first aid certificate will be an advantage
• At least 5 years cost engineering experience
• A good understanding of cost estimation and quantity surveying
• Sound financial background
• 2 years mining projects experience, working on multiple major construction projects
• Estimating software knowledge .
Powered by Jobs Tanzania