HJFMRI or locally known as “Walter Reed Program-Tanzania” is a United States of America
federally funded program which supports PEPFAR activities in the Republic of Tanzania, The HJFMRI program, in collaboration with the MoHCDGEC and community NGOs, has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004, The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils-in Mbeya, Songwe, Rukwa, Katavi and Ruvuma Regions, Collectively, this zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with close to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland), Despite remarkable achievements made over the past 10 years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions still remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
Job Vacancy: Contract Officers 5 Posts
Reports to: Contracts Director
Location: Mbeya, Rukwa, Ruvuma, Songwe and Katavi
This position is responsible for the management, administration, and oversight for all aspects related to awards, sub-grants and contracts for the WRP program.
The Contracts Officer will serve as the point person and will provide sub-award oversight, monitoring sub-awards and providing advice and technical support to WRP staff and sub-recipient partners. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the WRP and WRP partners comply with all applicable contracting policies and procedures, laws and regulations, proper accounting standards and donor reporting requirements
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administers the full cradle to grave cycle of award management activities from pre-award assessments, monitoring and compliance, and close out procedures.
• Reviews partner budget submissions for accuracy, allowable cost violations, reasonableness and consistency.
• Develops contracts, awards, award modifications and contract amendment documents for signature by the Site Director or Sr. Program Director and works closely with the HFJ/MRI contracts department, especially on awards valued at $100,000+
• Performs internal audits and reviews of partner operations as required toensure compliance with WRP and donor policies and procedures. Provide additional technical assistance to partners (either personally or through delegation of finance staff) as is necessary to maintain high standards 0 compliance.
• Stays abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile, and updates applicable local policies and trains WUP program and partner staffs in all policies and procedures. Builds capacity of sub-recipients in areas not limited to grant writing, grant monitoring, budgeting, compliance documentation and information management, and ethics..
• Develops training modules and training materials for regularly scheduled group trainings and one-on-one mentoring/technical assistance. Provides skills building training and cross functional preparation for members of the Finance and Procurement staff.
• Liaises with the Procurement Manager to ensure WRP partner compliance with procurement policies and procedures for all goods and services.
• Develops an award tracking system and tools/reports. for’ the monthly reporting of Contract activities.
• Monitors monthly financial performance in relation to budgets and forecasts, obligated funds, commitments and advances to staff, partners and consultants.
• Takes responsibility for the accurateness and completeness of partner property and inventory lists.
• Oversees the closeout of awards: provides technical oversight and assistance on the final inventory, proper disposition of property, and reconciliation of financial obligations.
• Responsible for the discovery, mitigation and documentation of financial risks related to contracts and grants. Responsible for the completion of yearly risk management reports.
• Ensures for the availability, continuity and security of financial data and information pertaining to’ contracts and grants.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from three-year College or university.
• Demonstrated experience in sub award and contract administration, management and oversight.
• Experience in assessing the capacities of organizations and their grant worthiness.
• Computer Skills:
• The following computer proficiency is (are) required: Microsoft Office, accounting and payroll management software, e-mail and internet, and willingness to expand skill base.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
• Ability to reed, analyze and interpret general technical financial procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
• Demonstrated experience with audit, legal compliance and budget development.
• Experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to Sr. Management and outside partners.
HOW TO APPLY
Walter Reed Program is seeking qualified candidate to fill the position below. Cover letters and resumes should be mailed by postal/EMS/DHL/any Courier to the Human Resources Manager, P,O. Box 6396, Mbeya or sent by email to; firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB In the SUBJECT LINE, avoid soliciting any member of the organization. Hand delivery application will not be accepted.
Deadline for submission of the application is 31st July, 2017.
Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania