Reporting to the Commissioner General; the job holder will be responsible for ensuring strategic leadership and management to the department that includes oversee and execute comprehensive program towards accomplishing the tax investigation objectives, processes and the Authority’s policies and plans.
The key responsibilities of the position will include:
- Developing pro-active strategies to combat tax evasion and enhance compliance;
- Build up investigative strategies to ensure that procedures for investigating cases are properly developed to safeguard the objectives of revenue collection;
- Providing strategic leadership and ensure that the department processes, operations and practices are in keeping with the Authority Management Systems requirements that include ISO, Gemba Kaizen, Enterprise Wide Risk Management and Business Continuity;
- Coordinating with other Government agencies in tax investigations;
- Reviewing the operation of the national programme and departmental procedures and develop a risk assessment framework for tax investigation to mitigate risks;
- Building professional capacity and competence in line with the Authority business strategy and leading the practice;
- Liaising with the Legal department on the prosecution of cases originating from tax investigations;
- Approving prosecution recommendations for cases to be taken to the court;
- Overseeing the departmental annual plan and budget and monitoring effective implementation.
- Managing the department day-to-day operational and administrative matters;
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Commissioner General.
Key qualifications, experience and competences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or equivalent from a recognised University/Higher Learning Institution
- Master’s Degree in Tax Management, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or its equivalent from a recognised University/Higher Learning Institution;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification or its equivalent from a recognised institution;
- A Post-graduate Diploma in Tax Management or its equivalent will be an added advantage and knowledge in Investigative policies, procedures and techniques, surveillance and forensic sciences will be added advantage;
- Ten (10) years’ work experience of which five (5) should be at senior management level;
- Knowledge of local, regional and international tax matters and tax laws;
- Excellent analytical and budgeting skills;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop team work;
- Demonstrated ability to manage change in a reputable large size organisation;
- Effective communication skills coupled with the ability to effectively network with stakeholders.
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three (3) referees to the address below. Kindly quote the Reference Number in your application letter.
The Authority reserves the right not to make any appointments as a result of the selection process. An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the role will be offered to the successful candidate.
All applications should be submitted to the address below not later than 15.00 hrs on 25th March 2015.
THE COMMISSIONER GENERAL,
TANZANIA REVENUE AUTHORITY,
P. O. BOX 11491,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania