Reporting to the Commissioner General, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring strategic leadership and management to the department that includes developing and implementing strategies and operational plans, objectives, performance standards and feedback mechanisms for optimising revenue collection.
The key responsibilities of the position will include:
- Planning, managing and enforcing Tax laws; enhancing tax compliance; responding promptly to stakeholder’s queries; providing prompt assessment and collection of taxes to the Authority on behalf of the Government;
- Providing advice to the Commissioner General on taxpayers matters such as taxpayers’ returns and debt collection to ensure proper revenue control;
- Managing operations related to the modernization of Domestic Revenue operations, risk management, and setting and implementing strategies for the achievement of the department objectives;
- Ensuring a uniform and consistent interpretation of laws through preparing practice notes and public rulings in order to ensure a consistent and uniform application of tax laws;
- Provide strategic leadership and ensure that the department processes, operations and practices are in keeping with the Authority Management Systems requirement that includes ISO, Gemba Kaizen, Enterprise Wide Risk Management and Business Continuity;
- Managing the Department expenditures within the delegated limits approved by the Board and providing due warning if it appears it is likely to exceed these limits;
- Managing the department day-to-day operational and administrative matters; and
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Commissioner General.
Key qualifications, experience and competences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or equivalent from a recognised University/Higher Learning Institution
- Master’s Degree in Tax Management, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or its equivalent from a recognised University/Higher Learning Institution;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification or its equivalent from a recognised institution;
- A Post-graduate Diploma in Tax Management or its equivalent will be an added advantage;
- Ten (10) years’ work experience of which five (5) should be at senior management level.
- Knowledge of local and regional technical tax matters as well as tax laws;
- Excellent analytical and planning skills;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop team work;
- Demonstrated ability to manage change in a reputable large size organisation;
- Effective communication skills coupled with the ability to effectively network with stakeholders.
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three (3) referees to the address below. Kindly quote the Reference Number in your application letter.
The Authority reserves the right not to make any appointments as a result of the selection process. An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the role will be offered to the successful candidate.
All applications should be submitted to the address below not later than 15.00 hrs on 25th March 2015.
THE COMMISSIONER GENERAL,
TANZANIA REVENUE AUTHORITY,
P. O. BOX 11491,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania