Good Neighbors International (GNI) is an international humanitarian and development organization with GNI Headquarters based in Seoul, Korea. The Mission of GNI works to transform the world to a peaceful and secure place, where no one suffers from starvation; where no one falls victim to preventable diseases; where everyone is comforted and respected with no alienation for any particular reason. Good Neighbors Tanzania (GNTZ) was registered in 2005 in Tanzania, and has offices in Dar es Salaam (Head Office), Mwanza, Sinyanga and Dodoma
Position: Co-operatives Officer (1 Post)
Report to: Program Manager
To coordinate and implement the designed 10-month training plan and programme components on ‘Microcredit & Cooperatives – Income Generation Methods’ for Fufu, Suli and Chiboli villagers in Chamwino District for 2015, and to supervise and manage the formation and establishment of cooperatives in Fufu, Suli and Chiboli villages.
The Saemaul Zero Hunger Communities project is a World Food Programme pilot project implemented by Good Neighbors International and regional local government authorities, and funded by the Government of the Republic of Korea. The project started implementation in Chamwino District (Fufu, Suli and Chiboli villages), Dodoma region, Tanzania in early 2014.
The Microcredit Officerwill be supervised by the Good Neighbors Tanzania Country Director in Dar es Salaam and Managing Directors in Dodoma and Mwanza, and work in close collaboration with the operations, administration and project teams in Good Neighbors Tanzania. Direct work performance evaluation will be by the GNTZ Managing Director in Dodoma Office. This is a full time position based in Dodoma, Tanzania for Nationals of the Republic of Tanzania.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the overall coordination, management & implementation of the micro-finance and cooperative development trainings for Fufu, Suli and Chiboli
• Ensure cooperative development and other micro-finance programme activities are implemented according to the work planned and maintaining the flexibility to shift priorities according to the changing environment
• Strengthening of community organizations by integrating traditional knowledge on cooperatives and savings
• Provide technical support to cooperatives by providing training on cooperative management and financial management;
• Supervise and monitor cooperative development and microfinance training on regular basis to ensure that activities are conducted as planned;
• Prepare a monthly progress report detailing the activities performed during the month, highlighting achievements and making recommendations for future activities;
• Perform any other related duties as required
The applicants should have the following qualifications and expertise:
• Bachelor holder in Co-operative and Community Development, Community economics Development or related field with at least skills on micro credit and cooperatives issues
• Minimum of 2 years work experience on co-operative issues
• Interest in community and rural development
• Fluency in both English and Kiswahili
• Excellent skills in use of Microsoft Excel and MS word
• Ability to work in an international and multi-national environment
• Religious and cultural tolerance
• Ability to work independently and under pressure
• Equal opportunity in gender considerations
Mode of Application
The applicationrequired from the prospective candidate includes the following:
1. An application letter; explaining your skills on cooperatives and micro credit
2. A detailed curriculum vitae containing the complete names of candidate, complete addresses
(Postal, email, phone);
3. The names and complete contact details of at least three of your referees.
The application should be addressed to Managing Director, GOOD NEIGHBORS TANZANIA, Makulu Street, House No; 8, P.O BOX 2946, Dodoma E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applications should reach the management not later than 30th March, 2015.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile number and emails and the candidates will have to take care their expenses for transport and accommodation during the interview, there will be no any refund for any expenses incurred.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania