SHIPO is a Tanzanian NGO based in Njombe that operates in all mainland Tanzanian territory, but especially in the Southern Highlands. SHIPO is currently looking for 2 Community Development Officers to work with 20 rural communities in Ludewa District.
The Community Development Officers will be in charge of fulfilling the following duties:
1. To work in the design, preparation, implementation, facilitation, monitoring and evaluation of all kind of community development related activities in collaboration with other SHIPO staff members in the main office, in the out-stationed office and especially in the field.
2. Representing SHIPO as an organization in activities in the field with project beneficiaries, local authorities and other partners ensuring the good relationship between SHIPO and all stakeholders.
3. Act as a coordinator and facilitator of activities connecting the organization with the beneficiaries, the local authorities and other partners.
4. Writing daily activity reports.
5. Collecting and delivering all necessary supporting documents to implement office and field activities according to SHIPO administration procedures or other relevant rules (attendance lists, payment vouchers, receipts, letters, administrative forms, etc.)
6. Implementing need assessments and surveys, collecting all necessary information on the field through observations, interviews, focus group discussion, taking pictures, etc.
7. Organizing all the necessary communications to ensure the successful design, preparation, and implementation of project activities in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders. (This is preparation of letter, contracts, phone communications, e-mail communications etc., under the supervision of the relevant project coordinator or SHIPO management team).
8. Performing all due administrative activities such as requesting resources, asking for permissions, retiring money, etc.
9. Performing data entry into different forms and databases.
10. Writing and compiling narrative reports to informing about the progress of the field activities and submitting them to the relevant Project Coordinator on adequate time and form.
11. Preparation work plans and project activity budgets for submission to Project Coordinator.
12. Assist in development of project manuals guidelines/ training curriculum.
13. Assist with any other office or field activities which are important to the development of SHIPO as assigned by your Project Coordinator and or Department Manager or SHIPO management, respectively.
14. Help the organization to raise funds by professionally completing the duties on time, by constantly looking for new project opportunities, establishing good relationships with current and potential partners, and by writing new project proposals.
In order to fill this position SHIPO is looking for a candidate who possesses:
• Hold a university diploma/degree on community development, rural development, social work or related studies.
• Experience working with rural communities, women groups, disadvantaged groups or groups in risk of social exclusion (Preferably a minimum of 3 years).
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience working on any of the following topics: women and/or children rights, rural entrepreneurship, community microfinance, HIV, prevention, family planning, nutrition, hygiene and sanitation, agriculture, animal keeping and rural economy.
• Good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills who enjoys working with people and organizing and facilitating activities with different kinds of participants from the communities.
Also, the right candidate must demonstrate the following conditions:
• Willingness to expend most of the time in the in rural areas.
• Self-organized, capable of designing effective work plans.
• Knowledge on the roles and the functioning of Tanzanian Local Government Administrations.
• Good command of English and Kiswahili, both, spoken and written, capable of writing short and clear narrative reports
• Capable for working in teams.
• Good command of Microsoft Office programs.
• Capability and determination to find solutions to encountered challenges.
• Flexibility to work according to different timetable according to the needs of activities implemented in the field.
• Energetic and passionate.
• A 1 year contract starting on April 2017 and ending up 2018 with a probation period of 3 months.
• The contract may be extended beyond one year depending on performance and availability of funds.
• Opportunities to work in different kinds community development interventions in 20 rural villages and sub-villages in collaboration with young but experienced SHIPO officers and external experts.
To participate in the selection process all interested candidates must send their curriculum vitae long with the transcript of records of their university studies. The candidates must also send motivation letter explaining why you would like to become Community Development at SHIPO and which are the skills and experiences that you have that would help you to succeed in this position. The deadline for sending your application is the 30th of March 2017. Finally the candidates must attach the contact of 2 people who can offer references about the candidate. Send your application to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Pre-selected applicants will be invited to a first interview via skype.